WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
Box is growing rapidly and data powered products will play an integral role in delivering Cloud Content Management and the future of work to our customers. Part of that growth is centered around GxP Validation which enables pharma and life sciences organizations to validate Box core functionality on a regular cadence so they can work with, manage, and distribute all of their clinical, lab and manufacturing content. We are excited to build out a new SCRUM team dedicated to building the next generation GxP offering at Box.
This is going to be a high visibility team made up of dedicated engineers focused on everything from redesigning or adding to comprehensive testing and validation frameworks, to building entirely new end-user dashboards for customers inside and outside of Box. We are looking for a business-savvy backend engineer who enjoys solving hard problems and has a real passion for frameworks and delivering the best product possible.
Some of your core responsibilities include:
- Helping to develop the next generation of GxP testing frameworks at Box.
- Working across time zones and SCRUM teams to coordinate GxP validation.
- Working closely with product and design to deliver a top quality testing framework.
- Helping to architect and maintain dedicated validation systems.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work and this includes life science companies. As the leader in cloud content management, we are the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We do so by building a robust and stable system at scale. GxP validation is a key part of Box's business strategy and needs motivated engineers such as you to help build out our GxP validation framework.
WHY YOU NEED BOX
The GxP team affords you an excellent opportunity to learn and grow across multiple dimensions. You will have the rare opportunity to be generalists of Box's products and technologies. You will be in a position to impact not only the architecture of the GxP platform, but the architecture throughout Box. In addition, you will partner with individuals and teams throughout Box to further our GxP feature set.
- 2-3+ years of professional software development experience with an understanding of best practices
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field of study.
- Have knowledge of software design and testing principles/frameworks (Cucumber/Cypress/etc.)
- Proactively assess, communicate and complete project milestones with manager and team members in a time sensitive manner
- Must speak English proficiently
Requirements that are Welcome:
- QA/white box testing background/experience in the following: exponential back offs, testing and scale, parallelization, Docker for running tests
- QA Automation background
- SRE background
- Experience working with distributed teams in different time zones
- Experience in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
Candidate will be expected to:
- Attend and engage in daily stand ups and maintain sprint task statuses in issue tracking tool daily
- Attend team, project, and manager 1:1 meetings weekly
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, team members, product manager and across teams
- Clearly communicate complex problems and technical concepts to both engineers and non-engineers and can break down complex requirements into steps
- Build and enhance validation frameworks
- Write quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code.
- Respond to technical and behavioral feedback from manager and peers
- Play a role in developing and fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 40% coding
- 10% documentation
- 20% triaging bugs
- 20% bug fixing
- 10% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool -Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHubEnterprise/Confluence
- Code reviews - GitHubEntreprise
- Version control system - GIT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.