WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 99,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We're a diverse mix of backgrounds and skillsets and each of us makes a big difference every day. We need someone who knows how to run enterprise-grade infrastructure and is passionate about leading a team supporting both public cloud and data center (hybrid) environments. Specifically, you will bring your experience and passion about addressing fundamental shifts at Box such as Implementing a Test Driven Development model and a CI/CD pipeline Configuration Management changes.
- Realization of cloud-first best practices via transforming Box to to an immutable infrastructure that enables timely autoscaling, improved capacity utilization and reduced toil associated with LCM.
- Embracing and driving Box towards a Infrastructure-as-Code model.
- Balancing short, mid and long-term needs to improve engineering experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive the roadmap for the OS & Configuration Management platforms. Bring together multiple perspectives and be the key connector in this important and highly visible role.
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, across partner teams, and ensure that we’re building the right systems.
- Inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching your team to ensure growth
- You effectively prioritize and manage your time and you can communicate effortlessly in any medium - email, slack, phone, face-to-face - and to any audience from a senior engineer to a vice president
WHO YOU ARE
- You've been a hands-on leader (3+ years) and a hands-on engineer supporting a production environment( 5+ years).
- You take an Product-centric approach to everything you build, ensuring availability, performance, user experience and security are core components.
- You have expertise with Configuration Management in both an on-prem and public cloud environment, preferably Puppet although Ansible and Chef are viable alternatives.
- You have experience running distributed systems in production at scale and have managed systems with software
- Experienced with building CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure-as-Code models (Jenkins, Cloudbees, etc)
- Proficient with Linux OS hardening (applying OS STIGs, CIS Benchmarks, SELinux)
- Experience with common DevOps/SRE toolsets
- You have materially improved the operability of the systems you've run - through monitoring, service level management, lifecycle management, performance tuning, and documentation
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our