WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 99,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
About the Team
We are looking for big thinkers and innovators who have experience working with scalable distributed systems and have a passion for high performance and reliability. We are a small team with big ambitions that values impact and are not afraid of huge, gnarly problems. If this excites you, come join us!
What will you do?
Reliability and exceptional customer experience is a constant focus at Box, and this creates a continued set of requirements for observability of complex systems. We need your expertise with observability technologies like logging, metrics, search, analytics and tracing to build impactful instrumentation and efficient data pipelines for application performance management at Box. We hope you can contribute best practices for monitoring at scale and use them to strengthen the observability strategy and culture at Box.
Who we are looking for?
- You are a developer at heart with a passion for solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You have experience building data pipelines focusing strongly on availability, resilience, and durability
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interaction
- Remote friendly
Ideally you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in building scalable distributed systems
- Solid coding, design, and architecture skills in Java or Scala
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with modern cloud technologies like GCP, AWS or Docker
- Experience and knowledge on microservice-based architecture
- Linux familiarity, and an automation mindset
Skills that will be a big bonus:
- Experience with Splunk
- Knowledge of an open-source stream-processing software platform like Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Configuration management and deployment management tools knowledge like Puppet, Ansible or Terraform
- Experience with Apache Storm, Apache Spark or Flink/Beam frameworks
- SignalFX, Wavefront, or other SaaS Time Series Database system knowledge
- Comfortable taking part in 24/7 on-call rotation along with the US and Poland teams
Want to learn more?
- Immerse yourself in the Box Platform: Create a developer account at developer.box.com
- Box Engineers share on opensource.box.com
- Get under the hood, comment on your favorite architecture deep-dive at tech.blog.box.com
- Grab a free account and make your content more valuable: Hit us up at box.com
- And check out some of the work our teams have done:
- Moving to Microservice Infrastructure: https://architecht.io/box-co-founder-on-moving-to-microservices-and-the-promise-of-kubernetes-a49f01b1c0c0
- Kubernetes Case study: https://kubernetes.io/case-studies/box/
Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits: https://join.collectivehealth.com/box
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.