WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
While a significant part of Box's operations is managed by Java and Scala microservices, a monolithic PHP codebase is responsible for much of the critical application logic. This large codebase is contributed by hundreds of developers at Box and is deployed to all environments, including production, multiple times a day. We're looking for strong software engineers to bootstrap the new Monolith CI/CD team. The team's mission is to ensure that code makes it from developers' laptops to consumption by our customers safely, frequently and expeditiously.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency in a modern programming language (e.g. Java, C++, Go, Python, etc)
- Strong understanding of basic software design principles and patterns
- Solid grasp of at least one modern source code management solution (e.g. git, svn, cvs, etc)
- Unix/Linux system administration and troubleshooting experience
Requirements that are Welcome:
- Hands-on experience with modern CI/CD solutions (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, etc)
- Familiarity with modern compute infrastructure technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, etc) as well as infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc)
- Understanding of distributed systems fundamentals
Candidate will be expected to:
- Design, develop and maintain software pipelines that take Box Monolith changes from conception to production safely and expeditiously
- Work collaboratively with other engineers within the team and at Box in general
- Help develop and foster Box culture in the recently open Poland office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our .