WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU?
This is a highly visible position that requires extensive interaction with senior executives and staff members across sales, marketing, product management, finance, support, legal, and professional services. Success in this role will require establishing a close relationship with key members of these groups, building on collaboration and business thinking skills to assess requests and find solutions that meet stakeholder needs. A successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to proactively and effectively work together with all organizational levels within a fast-moving high-technology company, particularly interfacing between Sales teams and internal cross-functional stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide business, pricing, product knowledge, and analytical support to sales for large, complex, non-standard transactions
- Streamline and automate the process for non-standard deal approvals, e.g. thresholds and rules, approver roles and responsibilities, approval routing and workflow design, automated exception alerting and communications, and the creation of a hierarchy of special terms, tips/techniques and recommended workarounds
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with critical business partners (e.g. Revenue Recognition, Legal, Finance, etc.) expedite the review and approval process.
- Identify potential training issues and coordinate with internal teams to develop and deliver sales enablement tools (e.g. Product and Pricing FAQ’s, Sales Approval templates, etc.).
- Proven leadership skills to continually streamline and improve practices, including tools, templates and processes, to support and efficient and effective deal desk
- Participate in the integration planning and execution process for new lines of business (e.g., Platform, Channel). Develop operational readiness plans and assess quoting readiness. Oversee tool enhancement activities, drive testing plans and deliver functional tools to the deal desk teams.
- Work with deal support teams (e.g. Legal, Revenue Recognition, Finance, etc.) to address complex pricing/commercial terms and provide options to enable sales to address and overcome customer objections while maximizing revenue/bookings.
- Engage with designated sales teams to provide pricing and deal structuring guidance
- Function in sales advisory capacity to coach sales on objection handling techniques, contractual options, and standard business terms.
- Function as a sales advocate to liaise with Legal and Finance business partners to address/resolve sales impediments.
- Facilitate the sales approval and/or “standardized” contract document generation processes. Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- 10+ years of experience in a deal desk, contracts, legal, sales operations, revenue role, and/or pricing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to foster & maintain strong partnering relationships with sales and internal departments.
- Strong motivational, coaching, & mentoring skills.
- Self-starter, highly analytical, with sound decision-making skills.
- Software/SaaS/subscription experience a plus
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly, and effectively to target audiences.
- Strong attention to details and analytical skills
- Experience in Salesforce and Apttus CPQ a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Sheets, Google Docs & Google Slides
- Knowledge of working in a multinational environment and understanding of international operations
- Flexible to work extended hours during peak periods and multiple time zone
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our