WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
What is Data Platform?
The Data Platform infrastructure powers many of Box’s core products and features like Box Shield, Box Drive, real-time notifications etc., as well as critical backend services such as search indexing, conversion etc. It handles petabytes of data and processes millions of messages per second. It enables product innovation by making it really easy for Box developers to build applications for storing and managing large collections of structured data. It manages Box’s entire events pipeline and streaming APIs for users, and their backing metadata stores. It also provides the backend for delivering all the notifications to our user applications across various platforms. Data Platform powers asynchronous job processing for all the internal Box services as well, via its Pub/Sub messaging layer and its homegrown queueing service. As we look to migrate Data Platform to the cloud, we want to build new services and functionalities that can both keep up with the scale of our growing data pipeline, and provide rich experience for our users by using native-cloud applications and machine learning.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Be proficient in an object oriented programming language like Java, and knowledge of complex systems and software design principles
- Hands-on experience with modern cloud technologies like AWS, GCP, OpenStack, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience building distributed services and APIs for internal backend systems in the enterprise applications space
- Ability to lead and deliver large projects with minimal supervision, and to work independently or as part of a larger team
- Ability to mentor junior engineers on the team
- Always commit to assess, communicate and complete project milestones with manager and team members in a time sensitive manner
Requirements that are Welcome:
- Experience with NoSQL databases and large-scale, multi-region distributed services
- Solid understanding of micro-service based architecture
- Experience with API development
- Designed and built services involving asynchronous jobs processing, Pub/Sub, kafka, offline data processing, or events processing at scale
- Understanding of functional programming principles in a language like Scala
- Previous contributions to Open Source projects
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in English
Candidate will be expected to:
- Attend and engage in weekly stand ups, team meetings, manager 1:1s
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, team members and across teams
- Play a role in developing and fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 50% designing, building and deploying services and APIs
- 15% providing support to other clients of Data Platform
- 15% bug fixes
- 10% documentation
- 10% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum, Kanban
- Issue tracking tool -Jira
- Knowledge repository - Confluence
- Code reviews - GitHub Entreprise
- Version control system - GitHub Entreprise
- CI/CD automation system - Jenkins
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.