What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Join Box and you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
Why Box needs you
We build applications that bring the power of Box's content platform to where users get their work done - on their Windows and MacOS devices. Our desktop applications help users access and collaborate on their documents from cloud with the familiarity of their local computer and local applications.
In this role, you will work on Box client applications - Box Drive, Box Tools and Box for Office and your impact will reach millions of users, who use Box desktop applications to get their work done on a daily basis. We are looking for a teammate, who will help us build delightful experiences for our users, and continuously improve our technical foundation.
What you will do
- You'll collaborate with, learn from and/or mentor a team of talented engineers in both our headquarters and the Warsaw office
- You'll work with product managers, QA engineers, designers, cross functional teams and customer-advocates to design, build, and ship end-to-end experiences for our users
- You'll work across the stack of Box desktop applications that include everything from virtual file systems, data persistence, OS integrations, network communication, synchronization and user interfaces
- You'll dig deep into pain-points our users experience and help solve their problems
- You'll seek complex problems related to performance, handling large file-systems with millions of objects, interprocess communication, advanced security and more
- You'll maintain and improve our in-house tools and frameworks such as the CI pipeline and monitoring frameworks
- You'll lead or participate in various design, planning and architecture discussions
- You'll research and propose various design approaches and present corresponding pros and cons to fellow engineers and management
Who you are
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience in developing macOS client applications and system programming
- You are proficient in Swift/Objective-C
- You have experience in Python
- You have strong design and architecture skills
- You are familiar with modern unit-testing and functional-testing methodologies
- You have a history of collaboration and success in small, high-velocity agile teams
- You have a passion for building user-friendly, performant, secure software
- You have excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- You have experience in C++
- You have experience in Windows client applications and system-level programming (Win32 APIs, multi-threading, Interprocess Communication, pipes, COM)
- You have experience in Jenkins, Jira
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our