WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU?
Frictionless security is one of the foundational pillars at Box and this brand new team being part of this pillar will have a direct impact to our customers in the way they use Box. This team will create foundational pieces in the areas of groups and policies to provide fine grained security control for the contents our customers collaborate with. Such foundational components will be used by other teams like Shield and ISF to build on security control features. This team will work cross functionally with other teams at Box like ISF, Shield, File System, Metadata, Messaging etc. This has huge impact and visibility from day one.
WHAT YOU'LL DO?
- Own end to end delivery of foundational and customer facing product features in the area of groups, policies and how they work together .
- Develop high-quality code that works at scale across all levels of the stack - UI, backend-for-frontends, micro-services.
- Work with Product Managers and UI designers to translate brand new capabilities that set Box apart from the rest.
- Work with teammates to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Be proficient in Object Oriented Design/Programming and experience building client/server systems at large scale
- Good understanding of the importance of balancing security, performance and usability in building security features/controls
- Experience and working knowledge of at least one server side language such as C++/Java/Scala/PHP/Python, etc.
- Experience working messaging system (Kafka/RabbitMQ etc.) and integrating with software systems
- Hands-on experience with modern CI/CD and SCM solutions like Jenkins, Github, etc.
- Well versed in various design patterns and best practices in the software development
- Assess, communicate and complete project milestones with manager and team members in a time sensitive manner
- Must speak English proficiently
Requirements that are Welcome:
- Security experience as it relates to the software development, i.e. API security
- Good understanding of http(s) protocols
Candidate will be expected to:
- Understand the product requirements and translate that into design
- Design, architect, implement, debug and test software systems that works at scale
- Attend and engage in weekly stand ups, team meetings, manager 1:1s
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, team members and across teams
- Play a role in developing and fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 60% software design and coding
- 10% documentation
- 10% bug fixes
- 10% meetings
- 10% mentoring
- Agile management - Scrum, Kanban
- Issue tracking tool -Jira
- Knowledge repository - Confluence, Box notes, Google Docs
- Code reviews - GitHub Entreprise
- Version control system - GitHub Entreprise
- CI/CD automation system - Jenkins
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our .