Security Compliance Manager
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
- We are looking for our first Security Compliance manager in Japan who is looking to put their auditing experience, technical expertise, and information security knowledge to plan, execute and deliver on existing and strategic new Compliance certifications in support of our Japan office.
- As our first Compliance resource in Japan, you will play a key role in building scalable and efficient processes related to supporting the Japanese market and overall compliance framework working closely with the Compliance team in the United States.
- You will work with all functions of this fast-paced, rapidly changing business, and directly with key stakeholders to drive continuous improvement, communication and education with Box's internal and external customers. The right person be excellent at communicating vertically and horizontally across the company and will be comfortable explaining Box's compliance posture to both internal and external customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive Compliance programs such as ISMAP, ISO 27001, 27017 and 27018, SOC 1,2 and 3
- Translate and proactively shape Box's response to regulatory guidance in Japan and craft localized responses for the Japanese market leveraging existing collateral.
- Be the Compliance Point of Contact for our Japan office and provide a direct link between Box Japan and Box HQ in the US.
- Provide compliance guidance on new product features and changes in the infrastructure
- Support and drive both regulatory and customer audits
- Drive improvements in existing processes and develop new innovative and efficient solutions
- Communicate gaps to management and coordinate cross functional team meetings to remediate and close the control gaps
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Accurately and effectively communicate our compliance position and programs to customers
- Manage incoming and outgoing customer requests, including customer audits and information requests
WHO YOU ARE
- BS degree in Business or Management Information Systems or related field OR equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in an equivalent technology risk and compliance related role
- Big 4 Experience or Management Consulting Experience preferred
- QSA, CISA, CIA, CISSP or other related certifications a plus
- Familiar with cloud computing and the acronyms that come with it - SaaS, IaaS and PaaS
- Extensive knowledge of at least 2 or more of the following compliance frameworks (ISMAP, SOC, ISO, NIST 800-53, SOX)
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to wear different hates and work on areas where needed
- Amazing organizational skills with a drive to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to hustle, get stuff done, and has strong integrity - make mom proud!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.