Business Development Manager
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
As a Senior/BD (alliance) Manager at Box, you’ll be a key part of our team that’s building our partner ecosystem (excl. reseller partner) conducting co-sell and co-marketing motion with strategic partners like Microsoft, Google, AWS and consulting firms like Accenture, Deloitte, PWC and so on. A successful candidate will have the ability to be flexible for engaging with new partner, learn quickly and possess a strong interest in working with several major players. Some should come from Box HQ’s agreement; others should start the partnership by your own activities. To be considered, you must show a track record of success in a team environment, proven organizational and time-management skills, and love to win.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Evangelizing joint value with key partners.
- Co-marketing and co-selling with strategic partners and consulting firm to identify creating Box opportunities
- Develop partners such as SIers, ISVs, Carriers, etc.
- Negotiate to complete successful contract/agreement with potential partners
- Build Go-To-Market Strategies with various partners
- Manage the relationship with partners
- Work closely with High Touch Sales, SMB Sales, Channel Sales, Marketing, Engineer and Executives to get buy-in and insure successful and lucrative partnerships in Japan
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years in IT-related partner development
- Balanced and high level skill and knowledge on Business and technology.
- Business: Experience building business/partnership from scratch to success
- Technology: Comprehensive understanding of B2B IT ecosystem, IT technologies (Network, Security, Web application)
- Strong academic background
- IT service experience
- Partner Sales Experience is a big plus
- Fluency in English (TOEIC 700+)
- Experience working for a US headquartered business
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly gain understanding of Cloud Content Management and our model
- Commitment to excellence, high integrity, and high energy
- Strong customer and partner focused on establishing and developing long term, lasting relationships
- Ability to team with different functions/departments across the company
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and proven experience to make an immediate impact
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.