What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including almost 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business is looking to modernize the way that they work and as the leader in cloud content management, Box is a leader in helping enterprises transform how people work together. Our awesome Messaging and Notifications teams are a critical part of the Data Platform org and are responsible for all internal and external point-to-point event delivery and notification capabilities and delivery. We need a strong organizer, mentor, and problem solver to help us deliver on an ambitious vision to help us transform how we build and rapidly deliver new products to market with event
The Data Platform Team's mission is to enable product innovation by making it really easy for Box developers to build applications that require access to large sets of data. Many of the core Box products/features (Box Drive, Real-time notifications etc.) and backend services (Search indexing, Conversion etc.) are powered by our data platform infrastructure. We handle petabyte scale data and process millions of messages per second. Data Platform team's mission in 2021 is to move many of these capabilities from Box's on-premise data centers to the cloud.
Our data platform components include
- The messaging layer (pub/sub)
- Async job processing
- Real-time stream compute
- Offline data processing
- Events index
- Data access services
Why Box needs you
As Box is doubling down on our cloud content management strategy by building intelligent business processes and digital experiences, our team will be playing a crucial role in enabling this vision. Scaling our data platform to support the massive user growth and aligning our long-term strategy with the Box's business strategy of using public cloud will be the other main focus areas for the next year.
As the leader of this team, you will be responsible for driving the strategy and the future direction of the team and in building alignment with the broader engineering and product teams. You will lead the initiatives to move the various data and compute workloads from on-premise data centers to the cloud to enable higher scalability and more robust infrastructure. You will hire more epic engineers and will lead a team of highly collaborative and skilled engineers. You will also work closely with other engineering leaders, product managers and other partners to help realize our ambitious goals.
Your Roadmap at Box
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Develop a deep understanding of Box's long-term business goals and tie in your teams' objectives & key results
- Be a trusted and influential voice beyond the team, communicating effectively with peer engineering groups as well as cross-functional peers in Product and Platform teams.
- Develop an ambitious technical roadmap for your teams and align them with your peer engineering teams
Within 12 months, you'll...
- Make significant contributions to Engineering across Box by advancing our major business and technical goals
- Make significant strides toward the next step in your career and your team members' careers
- Wonder why you didn't join Box much earlier?
Who you are
- Individual with high integrity, team-focused approach with collaboration skills to build tight-knit relationships across Box
- Experience leading data infrastructure teams
- Expertise in architecting messaging systems, distributed data stores and NoSQL technologies (e.g., Kafka, Google PubSub, Bigtable, S3, Iceberg, Spanner, etc.)
- Experience building solution to run on one or more of the public clouds (e.g., AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Extraordinary organizational and analytical skills
- Responsive person with a strong bias for action
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning
- 3+ years building and leading high performing engineering team(s).
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects on time and have experience working in enterprise-grade production environments.
- Strategic thinker with a strong technical aptitude and a passion for execution.
Who we are
- Messaging architecture talk at @Scale conference ()
- Tech blog ()
- Open source projects ()
- Developer Platform ()