WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is looking for an SP&A manager to join our Strategic Planning & Analysis team. In this role, you will be responsible for helping develop and execute strategic planning and resource investment decisions. You will help evaluate and determine overall strategy for resource investment, headcount planning and targets for functions of our G&A organization. You will also partner with senior executives to forecast, plan and analyze business activities. You will partner closely with the functions you support, and will need to coordinate cross functionally with business partners.
This role requires someone who can support world class financial forecasting, planning & reporting. In addition, the SP&A manager will help with operationalizing and cultivating a more data-driven planning process, commissions forecasting, and new business case plans.
The SP&A Manager will interact frequently with senior management in this role and must become a trusted partner to his/her teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive the strategic planning process supporting the Business Partners within your given functions
- Own the model to develop new targets for the coming fiscal year, focusing on segmentation, new products, and other new growth vectors
- Work with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics
- Contribute to a more data-driven planning process by building models and frameworks that connect business unit drivers to company financials and forecast
- Work closely with cross functional partners in Accounting and People to execute planning requirements and manage operating expenses
- Track ongoing performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and identify opportunities to help drive greater efficiencies
- Drive monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions needed
- Work with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly close cycle
WHO YOU ARE
As this is a highly cross-functional role, candidates are required to be highly analytical and very effective communicators. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of superior modeling and using analysis to influence decision-making. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, inquisitive, enjoy problem solving and focused on driving towards results.
- 4-year degree with strong academic performance
- 2+ years of experience in a highly quantitative role. Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, with the ability to read groups and adjust style depending on the situation.
- Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience preferable) or experience at a top investment bank also desirable
- Strong Microsoft Excel and computer skills (prior experience programming a big plus)
- Able to create and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our