Staff Software Engineer, Product Security & Identity
Box is growing rapidly, and our security capabilities are a huge part of that growth. Our ability to execute on Security-related products and frameworks is key to achieving Box’s goals.
In this role, you will work across organizational and team boundaries to drive decisions that align with the future architecture, product and business goals. You will lead significant security initiatives from inception to successful deployment, across multiple layers of architecture. We'll look for you to provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, thought leadership on code quality, and engineering process improvements. You will collaborate with other senior members of our staff to define our technical strategy.
Why the team needs you
Out team is packed with motivated and business-savvy engineers who understand how critical our work is to Box. We are all aligned behind a common goal to make Box a shining example of a modern security-focused SaaS company.
We'd love to add someone who can help lead the team's vision as we improve our overall security architecture. We want to bring in a security-minded software engineer who has a consistent record of developing service based architectures. The team loves to discuss ideas and strategies, so you should be capable to explain and debate technical topics among other developers.
Why Box needs you
Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are committed to hitting bold technological and revenue goals. That’s where you come in.
Why you need Box
This is your opportunity to provide technical vision and leadership in a space with complex and ever-evolving business requirements. You will be able to easily measure the impact of your work and associate the revenue earned, or money saved with your code. Aside from driving technical vision on the Product Security and Identity team, you'll also be part of the broader discussion of security and technology initiatives at Box. Expect to be an active participant in the Core Architecture group.
Who you are
- You have at least 8 years of professional work experience and you love guiding and mentoring more junior engineers on the team
- You are very knowledgeable about IAM, authentication, application security
- You love working hands-on at all layers of the stack, with concentration in core services
- In the past you have had success with distributed micro-service based applications and you are well versed in securing such systems
- You have a working knowledge of at least one server side language such as Java, PHP or Python.
- You possess relevant experience working closely as a technical liaison with eager business partners.