WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in The United Kingdom, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub, alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
- You have 5+ years of professional software development experience
- You have fluency with any two or more of: Java, C#/.Net, Node, Python, Swift, Kotlin
- You have strong knowledge of software design and RESTful API architecture style
- You have some experience working with Open API standards like Swagger
- You have a good understanding of concepts such as batching, versioning, iterators, and idempotency
- You have a good understanding of much of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching)
- You are extremely passionate about helping users, by both engaging directly with customers to resolve their issues/bugs and also by thoughtfully designing new features that delight users and remove user friction
- You have the ability to assess, communicate and complete project milestones with your manager and team members in a time-sensitive manner
- You speak English proficiently
- You have implemented solutions based on the Box API and/or Box SDKs
- You have worked with authentication methods such as OAuth 2.0 and JWT
- You have led or contributed to open source projects
- You are a contributor to developer communities such as Stack Overflow or GitHub
- You have mobile UI development experience in iOS and/or Android
- You have some experience following Agile Methodologies / working on a Scrum team
- You will be working with the team to maintain and develop new features for best-in-class customer SDKs in multiple technical stacks intended for server, desktop, and mobile applications
- You will be a driver of architectural consistency in the SDK portfolio
- You will be developing the infrastructure to help automate the generation and maintenance of aspects of the SDKs
- Your input will be key in helping to standardize APIs across all of Box
- You will be attending and engaging in weekly stand ups, sprint planning / retrospectives, team meetings, manager 1:1s
- You will be proactive about working collaboratively by making connections with other engineers, team members and across teams, especially when working remotely from home
- As the team grows, you will be asked to help on-board new team members and you may have the opportunity to mentor junior engineers
- As one of the first employees to join the newly-created office, you will play a foundational role in developing and fostering Box culture
- You will be an ambassador of Box Poland, representing the company and your team internally and externally
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 70% coding
- 10% documentation
- 10% bug fixes
- 10% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool -Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHub, Confluence
- Code reviews - GitHub
- Version control system - GitHub
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.