WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Our team is growing, and we are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with a passion for automation. You will spend your time working on internal systems which are used to manage Box's infrastructure. Our team develops and supports services that perform automated operations in order to scale Box's infrastructure. To do that we also support and develop source of truth systems for services/hosts and their metadata. To be successful you will conceive, define, develop, deploy and operate internal web apps, API’s, frameworks and tools which streamline our workflows and automate our infrastructure.
You will provide top tier support for our services and keep them highly available. You will drive technology decisions and ensure that we have a strong foundation to build on. You will improve our CI/CD processes to make sure software development and deployment are streamlined and as simple as possible.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- Develop in-house services/API's using Python and Django+DjangoRestFramework
- Operate and maintain internal services that support our internal platforms (RabbitMQ, Redis, Django/Gunicorn/Nginx webapps, etc)
- Lead the team in designing and developing frameworks and API's that enable functionality for the entire Engineering organization
- Drive technology decisions for Box's infrastructure tooling technology stack
- Identify problems, develop, deploy and maintain solutions which automate Box’s Infrastructure
- Evangelize good code and solid engineering practices
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps role.
- 4+ years of coding experience (2+ working with Python)
- Strong troubleshooting skills to keep our services highly available
- Strong scripting/shell skills (sed/awk/bash etc)
- Strong coding skills with a passion for writing clean, well tested and maintainable code
- Strong experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible)
- Relevant experience with Docker
- Relevant experience with data models and database querying
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins
- You have a passion for learning and adopting new technologies with a focus on finding the right tool for the job
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers
- Nice to have:
- Exposure to container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes
- Experience using Celery for asynchronous task queues (with Redis/RabbitMQ/etc)
- Experience with SmartStack
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our