Senior Technical Consultant
Box Consulting | Location: Tokyo
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Why the team needs you
We have a dynamic team of consultants and technologists who are dedicated to making our customers successful, but our customers' needs are getting even more sophisticated and technically complex. We are looking to add more consultative and technical muscle to the Technology Consulting team in order to solve our customers' most complex challenges through the application of thought leadership and technical domain expertise.
Why you need Box
Box is growing fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box has what it takes to enable enterprises to transform how people work together.
We engage directly with the largest and most complex enterprises in the world. These enterprises are looking to Box and our technology to transform their business. For these enterprises to be successful, they rely on technologists who can advise them throughout the transformation.
On any day, you could be advising an enterprise on how to design an application for a custom document vault or helping a customer migrate millions of files into Box. The next day, you may be advising another enterprise on how to best integrate Box into their custom CRM. There is never a lack of technical challenges.
Who you are
You are a technologist at heart. You appreciate the power of technology and how it can be leveraged to solve complex problems. Being a trusted advisor and a change agent is energizing. You get excited about collaborating across all of Box to drive successful outcomes. You understand that you can never stop learning and mentoring, keeping your technical skills sharp requires perpetual development.
Here's the fine print:
- You have 5+ years technical experience as well as 2+ years customer-facing, preferably in a consultative role
- You have 2+ years of experience working with SaaS and Cloud technologies
- You enjoy working in a dynamic environment where ambiguity is common and can effectively speak to both technical and non-technical parties
- You are comfortable working with one or more of the following: Python, Java, C#, Ruby, or .NET
- You understand the application development lifecycle, RESTful API design concepts, and have done a fair amount of scripting against APIs
Bonus Points for the following:
- Familiarity with OAuth, SAML, OpenID, Active Directory and/or Single Sign-on standards
- Developed an application
- Exposed to or have some experience with DBA and/or ETL
- Experience with information security
- Familiarity with iOS and/or Android mobile platforms
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.