WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU:
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the ideally positioned company to help enterprises transform how people collaborate together, onsite or remotely. We want to make sure that the developers at Box have the best tools possible to drive that transformation in a secure and efficient way. That's where you come in!
As Box sets up its development office in Poland, we want to make sure our local engineers gets the same enterprise grade software development experience as those work from the HQ office. One of your first important missions is to ensure our local engineering teams have everything they need to build and deliver software. This includes but not limited to setting up GitHub access, CI/CD automation, providing same time zone support to local teams on productivity tooling and infrastructure, and working with the Productivity Engineering team in the US to incorporate feedback from local teams into our tooling improvements.
Warsaw office launching in Feb 2021
WHAT YOU'LL DO :
- Help build and support tooling and workflows to help the local team develop software productively
- Champion ideas to provide continuous improvements to engineering experience at Box
- Build various productivity integrations and orchestrations in an Agile team
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship and drive technical impact
- Work with engineering teams across Box in different countries and get to know how ideas turn into products from end to end
- Research Box's continuous integration requirements, design, and champion effective solutions for a variety of technologies
- Build a Paved Path for Box engineers to deliver software features more productively
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent experience in related fields
- 3+ years of experience of hands on OOO coding and design
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or related role
- Experience of implementing complex systems and scalable services
- Solid coding, design, and architecture skills in Java, Python or Go
- Unix/Linux system administration and troubleshooting
- Have passion for writing clean, crisp, well tested and maintainable code
- Have experience managing, building integrations/plugins for CI/CD and SCM solutions like Jenkins, Github, etc.
- Hands-on experience with modern cloud technologies like AWS, OpenStack, Kubernetes, etc.
- Skills that will be a big bonus:
- Experience with Groovy and Jenkinsfile
- Linux containers (LXC) and related technologies (Docker, rkt, etc.)
- Configuration management and deployment management tools like Puppet, Ansible and Terraform
- Experience and knowledge on micro-service based architecture
- Previous contributions to Open Source projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .