WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by building a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100.000,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU?
As a globalization engineer at Box, you will work on localizing Box software to support international customers and to provide a best-in-class enterprise digital content management experience. Our apps allow millions of Box customers to engage with Box and collaborate with their teams in their preferred language, whatever that may be. Our customers can currently enjoy Box in 24 locales with potentially more to come.
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are lifelong learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them.
WHAT YOU WILL DO?
Within 1 month, you'll...
- Make your first change to production (week one).
- Ramp up on the product and learn about the business needs of the team.
- Become familiar with the front-end codebase and stack (PHP, React, HTML, CSS).
- Work with your manager to set actionable career goals.
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Build and deploy your first major production feature.
- Help the team improve our agile development process.
- Have a deep understanding of the business goals behind the team's efforts.
- Help the team find and hire more great engineers who are lovely to work with.
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Own major feature areas of the application.
- Be a trusted and influential voice beyond the team, communicating effectively with peer engineering groups as well as cross-functional peers in product, QA, design and beyond.
- Be responsible for the planning, scoping, estimation, technical design, and implementation of new features.
- Teach and mentor new engineers.
Within 12 months, you'll...
- Make significant contributions to engineering across Box by advancing our front-end standards, inventing new patterns or approaches, or introducing tools and technology to make our front-end teams more effective.
- Make significant strides toward the next step in your career.
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 80% coding
- 10% documentation
- 10% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool - Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHub Enterprise, Github
- Code reviews - GitHub Enterprise, Github
- Version control system - Git
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- You're able to collaborate well with your teammates local or remote.
- You bring solid communication skills in addition to coding experience.
- You engage in thoughtful investigation of data to compliment decision making.
- Written and spoken proficiency in 2+ languages is preferred.