WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is looking for a commercial contracts attorney with experience in both cloud transactions and international data privacy and protection. Based in Redwood City, New York, Austin OR Chicago, the Sr. Commercial Counsel has a passion for working on sophisticated technology contracts and driving business in a fast paced environment. This is a tremendous opportunity to join an established legal team and add significant value to a dynamic and disruptive company. As a part of this team, you will help make an immediate impact on the organization and be part of its fun culture.
This challenging role encompasses a broad range of legal matters and includes drafting, negotiating and advising on strategic agreements with enterprise customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, primarily enterprise cloud sales contracts involving nuanced global data protection and privacy issues, intellectual property and risk management.
- Work with and provide actionable advice to business executives and other internal stake-holders on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues as they arise.
- Research legal issues, draft and update templates, policies, playbooks and other projects as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience, with a mixture of in-house and law firm experience preferred.
- Accredited law degree and a current license.
- Strong transactional background, with experience in negotiating, drafting and advising clients on technology-related commercial contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions, software licensing and cloud services.
- Significant breadth of knowledge and experience handling US and EU privacy and data protection issues and laws, including HIPAA, HITECH, GDPR.
- Excellent judgement and ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage business expectations in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Experience providing legal support on a global scale.
- Dedicated to providing top-notch customer service and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity and business ethics.
- Experience with complex procurement processes (including public sector) is also valuable.
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our