We are looking for a seasoned engineer to join the team and focus on solving complex security engineering challenges, challenges that will only grow as Box hits exabyte scale. This engineer will directly impact the experience of Box’s 85 million users and Box’s ability to scale profitably as we grow.
- Are excited by an opportunity to secure the Box platform against ongoing external threats.
- Are passionate about security challenges related to building and operating large enterprise production at scale.
- Encourage innovation.
- Love to get close to technology.
- Enjoy mentoring and coaching.
- Support and grow a high performing organization that is building the services that stop attackers and help drive preventative measures throughout Box's systems and production environment.
- Design infrastructure/systems to avoid exploits and privilege escalation and drive its implementation to protect Box networks and systems.
- Conduct security reviews of core corporate and production infrastructure, identify architectural deficiencies and develop/implement mitigation strategies.
- Lead security awareness and training with other engineering teams to foster a culture of security companywide.
- Provide security expertise and guidance to a diverse set of Box engineering and business teams, help evaluate engineering responses to security threats, and implement mitigations.
- 3+ years of industry experience developing and implementing fundamental security features and solutions to systems using their knowledge of security frameworks such as CIS, NIST, ISO, SOC2, etc.
- 3+ years of experience automating security testing and developing security tools.
- Excellent understanding of information security, cryptography, secure networking, logging/detection, cloud security architecture (GCP/AWS), IAM/PAM, security policies, and code signing concepts.
- Experience designing and deploying public key infrastructure, authorization systems, and/or key management systems.
- Familiarity with Python scripting, Terraform, PHP, Java, C/C++, Golang, Python, and/or SQL.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Whether writing an email, explaining technical details to a colleague, or presenting to a room full of engineers, as well as broad experience engaging with the customers.