WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by building a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
It is with that backdrop that we are opening our newest engineering office in Warsaw, Poland! In order to transform the way people and organizations work, we need to rapidly bring to market new products and features. By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
As a mobile engineer at Box, you will work on best-in-class enterprise applications that are digitally transforming traditional workplaces to be truly mobile. Our apps allow millions of Box customers to work with their content and collaborate with their teams, wherever they are. The Box mobile apps have often been featured on the Google Play Store.
You will work with your new teammates (a mix of engineers, product managers and designers) to drive architectural and technology decisions. All of us are dedicated to help make Box the best place you will ever work. Our team has a trusting, collaborative, transparent culture. We tend to obsess over our products and love powering our decisions with data. We also place much value in diversity, and hope you bring your own flavor of awesome!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build powerful tools that enable mobile workers to organize and interact with their content, leave annotations on files and collaborate with their team seamlessly.
- Use rich mobile capabilities to enable users to capture content or be notified of changes to their workflow or shared content.
- Weave frictionless security features into our apps.
- Use analytics and A/B tests to better inform our product strategy.
- Learn with us. Most of us are part of mentoring relationships, so we can continue to grow ourselves, and those around us. We also love diving into architectural and UX advances on the mobile platforms.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 2+ years of professional software development experience
- You've shipped one or more native Android apps and/or SDKs
- You're able to collaborate well with your team mates local or remote.
- You bring significant experience in Android frameworks, and a strong knowledge of software design principles
- You are proficient in either Kolin/Java.
- You are passionate about growing, and developing those around you.
- You engage in thoughtful investigation of data to compliment decision making
- You have an academic background in computer science or a related field.