What is Box
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
Why Box needs you
We're a diverse mix of backgrounds, skillsets and each one of us makes a big difference every day. We need someone who knows how to run systems at scale and is passionate about using software to manage them and put the "E" in SRE. In particular we're looking for a principled leader who can grow, build, develop the team and has equal parts EQ and IQ, and a desire to continually learn in both domains.
As the leader for our Data Platform SRE team, you and your team will own and build Box's next generation data platform, powering the most critical insights and key business processes for internal and external customers. We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to realize our vision of scalable, reliable and fault tolerant data systems. In this role you will evolve our operations practices, build enterprise grade services, deploy cloud infrastructure as needed to support our continued scaling and our shift into more advanced machine learning.
We’re looking for someone that combines technical breadth and depth with strong management chops to successfully define and deliver on the roadmap.
What you'll do
- You will be running large distributed data systems in a large production environment
- You will be communicating with all levels of engineers to vice presidents
- You're an experienced hands-on leader who's passionate about making other people successful
- You value collaboration and think win-win
- You're at home command-lining around and troubleshooting/scripting on a Linux system
- You are passionate about solving infrastructure problems with software
- You are data driven and comfortable managing to SLIs and SLOs
- You want to bring all these talents to work with other brilliant engineers and do something great
Who you are
- You have managed a Site Reliability Engineering team for at least 3 years with demonstrated growth.
- You are experienced with some of the following data technologies Hadoop, HBase, Kafka, Hive, Redshift, Qbole, Elasticsearch, etc
- You have experience with common DevOps/SRE tools such as Configuration, Alerting, Observability.
- Ideally, you would have experience in one of the public cloud providers (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our