What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business is looking to modernize the way that they work and as the leader in cloud content management, Box is a leader in helping enterprises transform how people work together.
Our Engineering organization is focused on making it easy to access, manage, and collaborate on business content, securely and reliably. We have a mission to drive Engineering program execution to realize Box's ultimate potential. In the role as Sr Manager, Global Production Network Engineering will partner with other leaders in the Engineering organization to drive innovative solutions that execute on Box's Hosting Strategy, improve the Cost-to-Serve, and much more. If you enjoy driving solutions for a high growth, large-scale environment alongside a strong tight-knit team, then you'll find this opportunity compelling!
What you'll do
The Global Production Network Engineering team manages all aspects of the network that supports Box's customers (transit, transport, edge, data center, routing, switching, peering, etc). We provide the foundation that connects our customers to their data. The team touches every aspect of our hybrid, on premise and public cloud environment. As part this team you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Box's product and customer experience. You'll lead a talented team of highly productive, collaborative network engineers with tons of potential that need a leader, an advocate and a mentor.
Box is a web scale company growing faster than Moore's Law with an endless set of Engineering initiatives, solving complex availability, performance and scale challenges in a high compliance environment and network engineering sits in the middle of it all. Few organizations have the same scale challenges without having silo'd functions. All of these functions roll up the Sr Manager of Production Network Engineering. If you want a challenging position with lots of visibility, exposure and impact this is the role for you.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 7-10 years building and leading teams.
- You are an organizer, advocate and mentor.
- You have a track record of delivering projects on time and experience working in production environments.
- You know what is required to deliver 5 nines of availability and can balance organizational agility with process.
- You've been hands on in data center and network build outs and have strong project management (Waterfall and Agile) skills mixed with creative problem solving.
- You are able to think strategically but have a strong technical aptitude and a passion for execution.
- You understand that building strong teams and empowering people is how you get there.
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our