Public Relations Manager
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal. By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies -and we’re just getting started.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are looking for a passionate, proven senior communications expert to join our in-house international PR & Communications team in Tokyo. Box entered the Japanese market in 2013 (CONFIRM) and has enjoyed sustained growth in the region. This role will lead Japan's PR strategy to raise the level of conversation around Box’s growth, products, customers, and partnerships. Applicants should be creative, big thinkers, as well as strong strategists who are excited to help Box take on the enterprise software status quo through killer media relations campaigns and relationship building with customers, CIOs, and press.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead Box Japan's Comms/PR and AR strategy, planning, and execution.
- Working with the local PR agency to maximize media relationships, speaking and award opportunities.
- Direct communication with media people to enhance relationships with them.
- Working directly with Analyst firms in order to make them understood correctly about Box and to leverage their reports and events.
- Work with Box Japan's and Box HQ’s all stakeholders to secure press, speaking and award opportunities for Japan market.
- Building compelling messages for Box Japan and HQ executives through bylines, speaking and media relations campaigns.
- Working with Box Japan's marketing team to coordinate a strategically timed roadmap of integrated campaigns including product launches and customer references etc.
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong English/Japanese written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for SaaS and cloud computing
- Working with PR agency experience is preferred
- Inspired by working with a fun, slightly wacky team in a fast-paced startup environment
- 7+ years communication experience, preferably in tech PR
- AR experience at IT industry is preferred
Not sure you meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! At Box, we take a big-picture approach to hiring that fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. If you’re passionate about this opportunity, chances are, you shine pretty bright.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.