WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an outstanding chance to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you'll have the outstanding opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
As an SRE for Box, you get the chance to be part of a team responsible for driving the on-boarding of Box's application services onto platforms like OpenStack, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure and many more public cloud vendors.
In this role, you'll be developing the automation, systems and processes that enable rapid prototyping by development teams, while ensuring tight alignment with compliance and availability goals. As we evolve the infrastructure and move towards a service oriented architecture, it is imperative that we redefine how we believe about operationalizing services in the future. You will be collaborating across Engineering and Product to ensure this is a core part of our SDLC.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will manage the stability, operation, and automation of several critical production applications.
- You will deploy scalable and resilient services both in the public and private clouds.
- You'll get the opportunity to work with ground breaking technologies including Spinnaker, Smart Stack, Kubernetes and several major cloud providers.
- You will work with a variety of technical teams and suggest technical solve for their outstanding challenges.
- You will build services for which resilience, scalability, and security come inherently.
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy solving problems in a distributed Linux systems environment and are comfortable in tracing problems through applications, systems and networks
- You have experience working in virtualized environments
- You have written automation/self-healing scripts in Python / BASH / Ruby to scale and maintain critical applications
- You take initiative when you see a problem; you are a life-long learner who seeks out knowledge
- You have worked in cross-functional engineering teams and know what it means to enable others’ success
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have 3+ years of large-scale production operations experience and enjoy talking reliability engineering
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits: https://join.collectivehealth.com/box
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.