WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are looking for a Sourcing Manager to develop and implement the sub-category strategy as part of the overall Sourcing Category Strategy in the portfolio. You will be responsible for the review of one or more of key Indirect categories spend areas with emphasis in IT as well as Go to Market (GTM), HR and proactively engage business leaders to understand their business strategies and objectives in order to align your work to help business leaders achieve them. As an experienced Sourcing Value Partner, you will understand the trends in the industry and supplier landscape and an effective contracts negotiator to create P&L impacting value that is recognized by the business and organization. You will develop sourcing and negotiation strategies for the categories that drive sustainable competitive advantage.
Activities also include requirements gathering, solution/supplier evaluations and supplier selection activities. You will lead the negotiations and spearhead RFXs and competitive bids as necessary. You will have strong analytical skills to devise or assist in developing cost models during your sourcing negotiations.
With strong negotiation experience and legal understanding of the intricacies of structuring and drafting various agreements including NDAs, MSA, MPA, Orders, SOW and Software licensing agreements and you will work with the Legal, Compliance, and Security teams to initiate and review the contracts.
Partnering and collaborating with these and other internal stakeholders you will support and facilitate recommendations on programs to reduce supplier costs, project manage contract development and approval processes.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Serve as category expert for one or more of the assigned categories within Indirect categories with emphasis in IT as well as Sales, Marketing and HR.
- Collect data and perform spend analysis, profile category, analyze and report data to explain market trends, savings and improvement opportunities.
- Spearhead negotiations and align on pricing and business terms with suppliers including but not limited to SLAs, termination clauses, etc.
- Conduct RFx processes.
- Reduce TCO, Improve efficiencies and quality.
- Have knowledge of legal clauses and negotiations with industry suppliers.
- Develop business relationships with internal partners and have a customer service mentality.
- Proactively meet with internal partners for supported categories and build relationship.
- Organize and lead business reviews with suppliers including development, preparation and review of supplier scorecards and performance metrics. Resolve major supplier performance issues.
- Negotiate best in class contracts maximize benefits and minimize risks at Box.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelors degree in Business, Information systems, Finance, Procurement or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in strategic sourcing.
- Masters and / or APICS certification is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of SaaS software.
- Cost modeling skills using Excel or other tools.
- Strong negotiation skills with emphasis in IT - SaaS software agreements and professional services SOW.
- 4+ years experience in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts with suppliers.
- Able to work independently with strong teamwork, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Has strong commercial acumen and business judgment.
- Has knowledge of market rate and benchmark among industry peers.
- Has demonstrated influencing, negotiation, presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- Attentive to detail, an analytical and proactive thinker.
- A highly organized multi-tasker who can prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .