WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
At Box, we never compromise on security. We have customers representing almost every business sector imaginable, and we get to build, deploy, and manage some of the best security technologies available. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members with enterprise-grade experience that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day.
Security Engineering at Box is a multi-disciplinary team that spans across product, application, cloud, infrastructure, data, and operations. Our engineers help design, implement, and operate systems focused on protecting our customer’s data, especially as we move more and more into our public cloud environments. Security threats are ever evolving, and we have a team of creative, committed, and passionate security professionals that are building the solutions that help mitigate those current and future threats. We encourage our staff to be active participants in a culture of collaboration, radical transparency, experimentation and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer who is passionate about building tools and driving automations that are the foundation for developing secure, reliable, and scalable systems. We will invest in your development in a variety of ways, whether that’s helping to open source the tools we build, presenting at conferences, or participating in research within the security community. This is a truly exciting time to be part of a growing team at Box.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide security expertise for truly massive software projects and cloud service designs for a hybrid cloud model.
- Perform hands-on threat modeling, risk assessment, and web service security validation.
- Work with Product and develop new tools, templates, and methods to help teams across Box scale securely.
- Partner with Engineering to build a secure cloud native platform and provide recommendations on new and emerging technologies.
- Develop significant security initiatives from inception to successful deployment.
- Research security topics and provide perspective on leading industry trends.
- Collaborate with other senior members of our staff to define our technical strategy.
- Attend security conferences and incorporate learnings to Box engineering processes.
WHO YOU ARE
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in cloud security, with demonstrated experience supporting product teams with technical design input and security risk analysis.
- Web security assessment (authentication and authorization, tokens, input validation, SSL, etc).
- Security architecture and risk mitigation for enterprise networks or cloud hardware infrastructure.
- Demonstrated understanding of network protocols (TCP/UDP, SSH, TLS, DNS, DHCP, IPMI, SNMP, etc).
- Demonstrated understanding of applied cryptography (encryption, signing, certificates, algorithms).
- Professional experience architecting/deploying/operating solutions built on AWS or GCP.
- Professional experience with security testing tools, packet crafting, or exploit development.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and hypervisor & Container security (especially in cloud environments).
Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness. We believe in executing quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are life-long learners that express passion around continuous improvement for themselves and the team around them.
The employee is first at Box. The formula to delight our customers starts with epic features designed by employees that Box constantly demonstrates are our #1 asset—through a dynamic business environment filled with forward-thinking colleagues, modern perks, and additional social activities to encourage everyone to have fun while we 10x Box and reimagine the future of content.
To learn more about Box, visit: