WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Senior General Ledger (GL) Accountant is a key role at Box. The Senior GL Accountant will work closely with the Workplace Services (WPS) team, TechOps team, Technical Accounting team, and the Strategic Planning & Analysis (SP&A) team on Leasing, Debt, and other complex accounting. A successful candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, be able to manage multiple stakeholders and groups simultaneously and have strong communications skills.In addition, this position is responsible for effectively executing policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of Fixed Assets and Lease transactions in accordance with GAAP.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Journal entries preparation and review, identifying and resolving errors, data anomalies, and exceptions in both the sub-ledger and the G/L.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations including but not limited to Finance and Operating Lease Liabilities, with proper supporting schedules.
- Research and prepare commentary for month-end variance analysis of assigned Income Statement and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Partner with Finance’s SP&A team and Tech Accounting team to manage WPS and TechOps projects and purchases, lease agreements and sub-lease agreements.
- Collaborate with the internal teams (SOX, Technical Accounting, SP&A, EMEA and JP) to improve current business processes, enhance reporting and efficiently execute key initiatives.
- Accurate and timely preparation of and explanations for assigned audit related requests. Responsible for preparing and submitting assigned compliance reports, such as quarterly and year-end audit requests and reports.
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting,Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field
- High-tech multi-national or SaaS based industry experience is a plus
- CPA license preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Excellent MS Excel skills; NetSuite and Anaplan experience a plus
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .