WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The main focus of the Observability Team is to build frameworks and systems that can manage the performance of Box systems while scaling to billions of events per second. Additionally, we are responsible to standardize observability across engineering teams, drive designs for high performing services and foster great observability practices. We build, scale, and operate low-latency, high-throughput data systems that power high resiliency of Box Systems. You will help us execute on this vision and ensure that Box continues to ship scalable services that can hold against the high-performance expectation from our customers.
We are looking for big thinkers and innovators who have experience working with scalable distributed systems and have a passion for high performance and reliability. We are a small team with big ambitions that values impact and is not afraid of huge, gnarly problems. If this excites you, come join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Architect, build and design diagnosis and monitoring systems at scale
- Work with cutting-edge data and analytics technologies while having great visibility and impact across all of Engineering
- Use monitoring technologies like logging, metrics, search, analytics and tracing to build impactful instrumentation and efficient data pipelines for application performance management at Box
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 8+ years of experience in building scalable distributed systems
- You have a BS/MS/ Ph.D. in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have experience architecting and building application performance management systems
- You have a fair understanding of technologies like Elasticsearch, Storm or other DAG technologies, and Kafka.
- You have built distributed, high-throughput and low-latency systems with a strong focus on availability, resilience, and durability.
- You have experience with at least one of the core programming languages like Java, Scala, Go etc.
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.