Order Management Specialist
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We're looking for a high energy, hands-on individual to join the Revenue Operations team in Tokyo, Japan as Order Management Specialist. As a part of this position you will be one of the primary points of contact for all APAC orders submitted by partners and customers. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include reviewing orders, provisioning customer accounts, and ensuring proper billing of products and services sold. Additional responsibilities may include working cross-functionally with our Sales, Accounting, and Legal organizations through complex deal structures. A successful candidate must have strong communication skills, the ability to operate effectively in a fast moving environment as well as the desire to contribute to a hardworking team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Review sales orders for completeness and accuracy and ensure all transactions are validated according to internal operational guidelines and policies.
- Process orders that are submitted by customers and partners. This includes provisioning services accurately to customers as well as generating invoices in our billing management system.
- Participate in month-end close activities including reconciling and resolving variances detected across of our sales and billing systems.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales Operations, Technical Accounting, Deal Desk, and Legal to review non-standard order arrangements. Ensure no adverse financial, business, or legal implications are associated with orders through coordination with teams both internationally and domestically.
- Provide visibility on Japan OM Operations to headquarters and promote alignment between all Box offices as it relates to the order to cash process.
- Help with ad hoc projects and tasks related to the business as they arise.
WHO YOU ARE
- Languages: English and Japanese are a requirement for this position
- BA/BS or equivalent in (Business Administration, Finance, Accounting – plus)
- 3-5 years of experience in Finance/Revenue Operations, Order Management, or similar
- Familiarity with order & billing systems such as Salesforce, Zuora, Apttus, – plus
- Strong verbal, written communication skills and ability to deal with conflict resolution.
- Attention to detail and ability to practice good judgment while ensuring policy and processes are followed.
- Ability to understand business requirements and solve problems that may arise
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Overly organized, great attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsibilities may require travel across various Box offices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.