WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are looking for someone to focus on developing robust software to automate routine tasks, infrastructure management, and propagation of database changes to hundreds of MySQL instances in a Linux environment. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing mission critical software in collaboration with engineers across various teams to provide enterprise grade capabilities for Box's data infrastructure.
That Database Operations group is a close-knit and diverse team that regularly pushes the boundaries of our data infrastructure and continually drives improvements to the resiliency of Box's database platforms. As a Database Engineer, we expect you to bring new and innovative solutions for classic infrastructure challenges, partner closely with your fellow database engineers, and improve our overall database management capabilities!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop software and tools to automate and improve routine infrastructure management changes
- Improve performance of database infrastructure and infrastructure management tools through configuration tuning, query optimization, and software optimizations
- Leverage existing industry and internal tools to manage, debug, and scale MySQL database infrastructure
- Troubleshoot complex issues in a sharded database environment and dive into MySQL and Linux internals
- Work as part of a multi-functional engineering team and enable yourself and others to build new features and software to grow our business
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of professional software development and production operations experience
- Experience designing, building, and deploying high quality software with test frameworks and CI/CD
- You have automated routine work with software written in Python, PHP, Java, Go, and more
- You are excited to troubleshoot issues spanning hundreds of databases and want to dive into the internals of MySQL and Linux to resolve complex problems
- You've worked in cross-functional engineering teams and have an eye for enabling others' success in building new features and software to grow our business
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our