If you are passionate about working on technologies and design approaches that are disruptive to incumbent Enterprise players, like Open Source, tooling and automation and agile concepts, and are interested in opportunities to work at massive scale, we may have just the job for you. We're looking for highly motivated and talented engineers with Kubernetes and GCP experience for our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) team.
Why the team needs you
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team owns Box's private cloud environments, providing the key platforms for Box's customers. You will bring your expertise to a team passionate about automating and supporting production grade private-cloud infrastructure based on Kubernetes/Docker and their supporting tools to enable Box to service their customers. As we set to the journey for a hybrid private of public environment, your knowledge on GCP will be invaluable.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are undergoing a massive change in how we run our services and need to build a monitoring platform to help guide our way. That's where you come in.
Why you need Box
You're going to have the unique opportunity to architect, build and support our PaaS platform. You will get to work with cutting-edge technologies that are defining the future of the cloud including Docker, Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform. You will have visibility and impact across all of Engineering.
Who you are
- You take an Ops-centric approach to everything you build, ensuring availability, performance and security are core components
- You have expertise in the relevant technologies (Kubernetes, Docker) and ideally have experience working with SDN overlay networks (such as Calico)
- You have experience with public cloud, preferably GCP
- You have experience with infrastructure automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or the like)
- You have experience building automations, preferably with Python and Go
- You are passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers
- 8+ years of experience
The fine print
- You'll collaborate with other engineers on the team to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- You'll collaborate, influence and drive improvement across scrum teams
- You'll provide additional support for other cloud platforms (Openstack) and technologies (Linux Base OS).
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our