WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is growing, solving bigger problems and at a faster pace every year. Our Engineering team drives the company's growth. We're seeking a Technical Release Writer to join our Engineering Excellence organization and lead efforts in one of our fastests growing add-ons: GxP. This team is comprised of quality engineers and Agile development coaches. We work together to help Engineering and Product teams deliver faster and at enterprise grade quality.
The Technical Release Writer is an important player in driving our Engineering organization's ability to execute against our company's ambitious goals. Our goal is to dramatically improve our GxP product offering, and instituting a release notes process / artifact is critical to the product's success. As Box continues to grow, we will need you to help us roll out and scale our release notes process in order to meet our goals effectively.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will be responsible for initiating and maintaining Box's release notes process to materially impact the organization's ability to execute on one of our values - blow our customers' minds. This will include developing and executing the entire release notes process from beginning to end, in addition to authoring the release notes.
- Collect and understand a large amount of technical information from engineering teams, then translate and represent the information in a manner suitable to the target audience.
- Proactively gathers information from software engineers, designers, and product managers about new features and upcoming product changes.
- Keep Box customers aware of new and existing features by conveying technical material in a clear, concise fashion, and keep them engaged and ready for the next release.
- Provide insight and drive strategic initiatives around organizational knowledge management, development processes, and automation tooling.
- Create, edit, and update existing customer facing written documentation, on-screen text, or online knowledge base articles.
- Help evangelize the writing style guide and work to refine and improve documentation deliverables.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- 4+ years of technical writing experience in a technology company.
- Experience in how release notes are crafted, from beginning to end, i.e. which tools/software to use, identifying partners, getting agreement, scaling the process, authoring the release notes artifact at a regular cadence, and continually optimizing.
- Skilled in use of documentation development tools & methods. (DITA, XML authoring tools)
- Experience navigating the product development life cycle.
- Clear communicator with the ability to manage complex cross-functional initiatives.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with life sciences compliance requirements, specifically GxP.
- Experience working in strategy and operations, technical program management, or engineering.
- Familiarity with authoring tools like Lithium and Flare
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.