Box is growing. Marketing Operations has a critical role in supporting this growth. As a Senior or Group Manager on the Marketing Operations (MOPS) team, you will be responsible for the management of a company’s marketing automation platform (MAP) from a strategic, programmatic and operational perspective. This role owns the collection, creation and distribution of best practices and works with marketers to apply marketing automation capabilities within the organization. In addition, you will be responsible for database management strategy (including audience identification, segmentation and normalization), MarTech solutions management (you have a clear understanding of the entire Martech stack, and can 'speak IT' when necessary) and Campaign operations (managing both internal and 3rd party campaign execution resources). You will accomplish this by effectively collaborating with Boxers in other departments, specifically Business Analytics, Sales Operations, Finance & Information Technology. In doing so, you will ensure MOPS is seen as a critical element of our revenue 'engine' by our Go-To-Market leaders in Sales & Marketing.
You will also:
- Work with marketing leadership to develop a coordinated, enterprise-wide marketing automation strategy
- Optimize and standardize marketing automation processes across the organization, including playbook creation
- Create a model to track and measure program objectives for each technology from adoption to execution and optimization
- Collaborate with the campaigns team, product marketing and field marketing to ensure there is a cohesive creation, execution and testing/optimization strategy to increase engagement
- Document and communicate/distribute across the organization best practices for marketing automation
- Communicate and educate executive leadership with regard to new and planned event activities, including global, regional and local programs
- Own and provide strategic direction related to Marketing data structure that meets business needs and results in better campaign performance
- Create and optimize audience segmentation supporting email programs in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Create a cost efficient contact acquisition strategy that ensures the database can effectively support the various campaigns
- Collaborate with Sales Operations and Business Analytics to enable Customer 360 insights
- Manage internal marketing automation administrators and specialists, and oversee the selection and management of agencies and third-party vendors
Why the team needs you
We are a committed and driven team of marketing operations professional who are eager to learn and grow. We want to bring in a senior-level individual who can add additional insights and fresh ideas to our ever changing dynamic environment. We want someone who brings strategic vision and operational excellence while also be a sound operations partner for the business.
Why you need Box
Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. Marketing Ops team is part of the Go-to-Market Operations and work closely with Marketing and other business units. Box is growing very fast therefore you get to work on challenging project to support this amazing growth. You get to show off your amazing balance between strategic and hands-on capabilities.
Who you are
You are an experienced people manager and will embrace the role of being the most senior person on the team (this role is the 'right hand' to the Global Head of Marketing Operations). You are a passionate Marketing operations professional who have a long history in operations as well as Marketing (demand gen/campaign, programs, digital, etc.) background. You enjoy seeking to understand the challenge and work resiliently to provide sounds solutions to the business. You have hands-on experience with various Marketing automation platforms (preferably Marketo) and have a good record of managing a robust MarTech stack in your career. You have experience with database related motions including data quality and governance, audience segmentation and targeting. You have led business impacting and successful projects that require contribution from cross functional teams. You are a team player and have a mindset to help and enable people around you. You are committed to advocate for client needs and have a desire to develop relationships. You have in-depth knowledge of privacy regulation/laws such as GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CASL. And you are a data-driven decision maker but also embrace creativity.
Here are a few additional qualities that we're looking for:
- You have a BS in Marketing or have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- You are Marketo certified and have managed marketing operations teams.
- You have success in managing marketing database, data mart, data lake solutions.
- You are committed to and have shown success in collaborating and influencing business stakeholders with best practices and recommendations in regard to audience segmentation
- You have implemented nurture programs and lead scoring (predictive scoring is even better) programs
- You are a communicator - both internal and external.
- You are a team player and enjoy mentoring and supporting/sharing knowledge with other team member.
- You are comfortable with a significant level of ambiguity and resolving conflicts constructively while being a solution oriented partner to the business.
- You successfully project manage cross-functional initiatives resulted in quality products delivered on time and on budget
- You are committed to collaborate with business partners to drive alignment and establish guidelines that provide clarity and improve productivity and business outcomes