Box is growing rapidly, and in order to reach every customer in the world, it’s critical for us to build the best in class Cloud Engineering function to efficiently scale Box across a robust Hybrid Cloud infrastructure.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be ensuring secure, compliant and efficient usage of multiple major Public Cloud providers, specifically GCP. You will work across the entire Engineering organization and with our Cloud Vendors to ensure we are using the right products from each, manage utilization to ensure high efficiency while ensuring site reliability, and keeping up with developments in the industry to ensure we are optimally using new cloud products and features.
Why the team needs you
We are a team of highly motivated and driven engineers who are dedicated to Box’s future – to solving tomorrow’s problems today. We understand how critical the scalability and reliability of the infrastructure is to the growth of the company and take that responsibility seriously. Box is increasing our adoption of Public Cloud technologies quickly, and our team is moving even faster to build the capability to operate a Multi-Cloud efficiently and at scale. We move quickly, identify and tackle ambiguous problems, and have fun doing it!
We’d love to add someone with experience working with Public Clouds at scale. We are looking for a hands-on technologist with a broad range of experience: equally comfortable with building dashboards and automation, keeping up to date with developments in the Cloud services landscape, and providing thought leadership across engineering and the broader business to manage our Cloud use.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are quickly increasing our adoption of cutting edge Cloud technologies, with an increasingly complex set of technical and commercial conditions to optimize. That’s where you come in.
Why you need Box
This is your opportunity to provide technical vision and leadership in a space with complex and ever-evolving business requirements. You will have the opportunity to get experience with all major Cloud technologies and work with top-notch, high performing engineering teams with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds.
Who you are
- Must have 5 years plus experience working with the Public Cloud technology, GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Must have 4 years experience hands-on experience working on core Cloud services – compute, storage, network, virtualization, Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Must have strong experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC), to be responsible for building robust platforms using automation, as well as documenting automation standards for use by the teams within the engineering organization.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Provider Automation Tool: GCP Cloud Deployment Manager
- Proficient coding and scripting ability with the following: Python, Terraform, PowerShell, Golang
- Experience with one of the following compliance audits: PCI, SOC, FedRAMP, HIPAA, others
- Must have an Operations background with a passion for process (security/compliance), a track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and social communication, and documentation skills
- Willingness to support production systems in an on-call rotation
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our