Accelerate your career by joining Box, the leading Cloud Content Management provider, as a member of our Sales legal team in the role of as Senior Contracts Negotiator. In this position you will play a key role in supporting the legal and sales organizations. You will apply your experience when drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements with customers across every industry who trust Box to help their organizations work faster, collaborate seamlessly and stay secure.
This position will be based in Box's New York City office. If you want to work at a company that values personal growth, professional development, and solves complex problems with an incredible, dedicated, and supportive team of legal leaders then please apply to join our stellar team!
- Draft, negotiate and manage a broad range of commercial contracts including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Amendments, Service Agreements and Statements of Work in support of the sales under supervision of and in collaboration with attorneys.
- Maintain and track status of negotiations to keep key stakeholders including executives up to date.
- Advise and guide on existing agreements including drafting amendments where appropriate.
- Assist sales team in responding to questionnaires and requests for proposal.
- Define risks and communicate escalations effectively with relevant stakeholders to resolve contractual issues quickly.
- Partner with attorneys, sales, deal desk, technical accounting, security, compliance and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with Box policies and processes.
- Serve as the designated contact for contract related questions to internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain contract templates, clauses and playbooks to establish consistency in negotiations and align with company policies.
- Assist with maintaining, developing, implementing, and continuously improving processes and procedures for consistent, compliant, and efficient contracting process and operations.
- Track and enter key terms in executed contracts into internal Box database.
- Contribute as a team player to help maximize the value of the legal department as an effective, respected, and trusted business partner team within Box.
- Undergraduate degree or JD.
- Experience with cloud business models, together with the related legal, business and technical issues.
- Tactful with strong internal and external negotiation skills
- 8+ years of relevant experience in reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and managing contracts in support and delivery of SaaS services.
- Ability to review and analyze contracts quickly with strong working knowledge of commercial legal principles and terms.
- Knowledge of data security and data privacy a plus but not mandatory.
- Practical business judgment with a highly responsive, client service-oriented attitude.
- Excellent, clear, concise and timely communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrated track record of establishing strong, collaborative relationships with the sales, finance and deal desk.
- Good judgment, integrity, and strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet specific deadlines while staying highly aligned with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly establish and consistently maintain positive collaborative working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Excellent project management and recordkeeping skills with a desire to improve and streamline processes.
- Prior experience with tools such as Salesforce, Docusign, and Contract management systems.
- Ambitious and willing to roll up their sleeves; team-oriented and with a sense of humor.