Box is growing fast - real fast - and we’re just getting started. Our opportunity is meaningful: 500 million knowledge workers worldwide, struggling to manage, share and secure information trapped in $45 billion of legacy, disconnected systems. Box’s mission is to power how the world works together. Over the past 10+ years, we have completely redefined the way people work together, becoming the global leader in cloud content management.
We are looking for a forward-thinking individual to help oversee the U.S. payroll process for our nearly 1,800 employees. This role will be responsible for the review of the semi-monthly processing, accounting, reconciliation, analysis and compliance associated with U.S. payroll. An ideal candidate will be someone who is a game-changer and will take charge of the entire U.S. payroll, continually drive process improvement, and be an experienced payroll resource for the entire company. If you have the experience and motivation to oversee this business-critical process and the desire to grow quickly within the Box organization, this is the position for you!
- Effectively build, lead and manage a team. Demonstrate world-class tools, processes, and personnel, to deliver against the responsibilities and objectives of the function.
- Accurate, timely and efficient processing, calculating and payment of payroll and related compensation expense.
- Responsible for the preparation of the payroll analytic, review metrics and timely delivery of pay file(s) to ADP SmartCompliance.
- Oversee and review all payroll entries prepared by Payroll Specialist which includes but is not limited to gifts, one-time payments, term checks, LOA entries, Schwab/Fidelity integrations, etc.
- Responsible for the thorough review and processing of all retro transactions coming through the Workday payroll system.
- Administer the LOA process from the payroll prospective by effectively tracking all payroll adjustments as well as collect benefit premiums owed while employees are on leave.
- Strong understanding of payroll mobility issues. This person will be the main point of contact for all expatriate and in patriate transactions. Responsible for tracking of all expat benefits and assist with the year-end tax equalization process.
- Effectively, track and monitor multiple transit benefit programs.
- Manage the ADP Smart Compliance portal to ensure all state notices are being properly addressed. Ensure rate changes are updated in both ADP and Workday systems.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and calculation of any special checks, i.e., termination pay, special bonuses, etc.
- Maintain 401k/Roth remission schedule while ensuring contributions are submitted via Fidelity on a timely fashion. Update remission reconciliation on per period basis and ensure any differences are properly explained. Serve as the main contact for the annual 401k audit and assist in the Form 5500 preparation. Lead projects to drive process improvements in the payroll department (and projects that cross departments, e.g., People Ops, equity, enterprise business solutions, Benefits)
- Collaborate with total rewards department to ensure proper payroll deductions and reporting for existing and new benefit programs. Ensure compliance of new benefits as rolled out by the company.
- Responsible for reconciling W-2 forms to ensure accurate entry of all compensation transactions (i.e. gifts, prizes, education assistance, equity, etc.). This includes the reconciliation of the quarterly Federal and state returns and amendments.
- Effective, accurate and timely completion of all assigned month-end responsibilities such as reporting, JE support and flux analysis. Other reporting required depending on need.
- Effectively serve as a main contact for all payroll related matters for the auditors(workers comp, 401k, SOX, etc);including accurate and timely preparation of and explanations for all audit related requests.
- Overseeing and ensuring the effective, accurate and timely filing of all employer payroll and related compliance forms and returns for all applicable jurisdictions such as workers compensation and other miscellaneous state filings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPP certification a strong plus
- 5+ years of relevant work experience managing a comprehensive payroll process, including direct reports
- Experience with multi-state Payrolls larger than 1k employees and both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Experience with public companies or pre-public companies with share based employee income reporting
- Experience with complex benefits programs
- Experience with automated human resources and payroll systems; Workday and ADP Smart Compliance a plus
- Experience with recurring metrics tracking and analysis a plus
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new flows and software technologies.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- High-functioning, working knowledge of relevant payroll related standards, codes, GAAP, regulations and other related requirements.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.