The Operations Research & Decision Support team leads strategic projects/analyses to enable Box to achieve optimized decisions and business outcomes around new product design, product pricing, architecture changes, and infrastructure efficiency. We apply big data analytics to the biggest and most ambiguous problems facing the company, at the intersection of engineering, operations, and finance.
If these challenges excite you, come join an outstanding team of Capacity & Performance Engineers, Data Scientists, Hardware Engineers, and Operations professionals with alums from top companies (EBay, Twitter, McKinsey, etc)
We are looking for big thinkers and innovators to join us as a Staff Infrastructure Optimization Engineer to seek some of the most ambiguous, strategic challenges facing the business today.
Why the team needs you
Our private & public multi-cloud architecture introduces exciting new challenges and layers of complexity. As Box scales, it is ever more critical to use data driven decision-making to ensure we continue to optimize our business performance. We want to better understand our Infrastructure, what motivates changes/growth, and make changes to increase our revenue and cost structure at the most strategic level.
Why you need Box
This role will have the opportunity to work with almost every team at the company including C-level Execs, teams across Product, Software Development, Hardware Engineering, Datacenter Operations, Capacity Engineering, Pricing, Business Development & Partnerships, and more. You'll be able to leverage your technical skills to produce complex mathematical models, deep-diving to discover meaningful insights, and driving action across technical and non-technical audiences to inspire changes in our strategy and engineering roadmaps.
Who you are
- Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field
- You have experience crafting advanced models and are familiar with statistical methods applied to very large data sets (billions of records+)
- Proficient experience in Python, R, or a similar modeling language and in SQL
- Strong experience building ETLs on Hive, Redshift
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels, from C-Level to individual contributors
- Ability bring transparency and insight to ambiguous problems and are tenacious in digging through quantitative and qualitative information
- Familiar with data visualization tools and methodologies
- Working knowledge of technical infrastructure, distributed systems, and finance all preferred
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.