We need a high energy, bright individual with the people skills to work with individuals across the organization. This role will report to the International Payroll Senior Manager based in London, but will work closely with the Controller in Japan. You will work closely together on all aspects of payroll processing, equity and commissions for our global employees, in addition to assisting with our MEC (Month end close). The successful candidate must have high attention to detail, the ability to operate to deadlines in a fast-paced environment and a desire to learn about international payroll. This is a chance to join a rapidly scaling company in the tech industry and be part of its wacky, fun culture!
- End to end payroll processing support including but not limited to:
- Data gathering from Workday and input to ADP
- Liaise with internal People Ops, Benefits, Commissions and Equity Teams as well as external providers
- Analytical review of the processed payroll reports
- Checking of termination, holiday and maternity/paternity calculations as required.
- Understanding and following payroll procedures and payroll related forms.
- Complying with relevant legislation and regulations
- Assisting with month-end/quarter-end and year-end payroll processes such as the preparation and reconciliation of taxes and social contributions and annual filings.
- Preparation of payrolls journals for our Month End Close.
- Addressing payroll queries from employees.
- Assist with user acceptance testing (UAT) for payroll related system improvements and additions
- Effective collaboration with the global People Organization, Legal, Accounting, Finance and business units on general payroll matters with cross functional impact. Specifically, but is not limited to, new hire processes, cash, bonus and other non-recurring payment processing, and terminations.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Perform at a Meets or Exceeds expectations level for all specific duties outlined above.
- Have the technical knowledge and experience to be able to satisfactorily achieve the specific duties outlined above.
- Prompt and courteous customer service to all employee levels.
- BA degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or similar field
- CPP certification a strong plus
- Minimum 3-4 years of payroll processing experience in Japan
- Office administration including data entry and experience of working with Excel
- Ideally experience within an international/technology business
- Working knowledge of ADP Payroll systems and Workday a plus
- Customer service background a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Fluency in Japanese (reading/writing/speaking) and business level (reading/writing/speaking) in English
- Strong desire to grow and learn!
- Must be confident in working with numbers.
- Exceptional multitasking abilities and ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment working to deadlines.
- Acute attention to detail and respect for confidential information.
- Strong communication skills - including ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization.
- Team-oriented approach – can participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a growing and fast-paced organization.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to work independently, but also knows how to have fun while doing it!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by the employees assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified.