Box is growing rapidly, and in order to reach every customer in the world, it’s critical for us to build a world class Infrastructure Supply Chain function. We need to efficiently scale Box to support our exponentially increasing customer data and provide capacity to our developers so they can continually deploy new and innovative ways of collaboration for Box users.
As an Infrastructure Supply Chain Manager, you will be part of a team that is responsible for delivering all Box's capacity demands in the right places and on time. You will coordinate across Technical Operations teams to drive the supply chain from procurement, integration, installation, configuration, provisioning and Kube/OpenStack cloud expansion. By developing a strong working relationships, you will help teams problem solve, remove blockers and improve/streamline the supply chain process.
Why the team needs you
The Infrastructure Supply Chain is responsible for a core Technical Operations fundamental objective, providing the capacity infrastructure to drive the business. We deliver the capacity needs to support the development of critical Box features and functionalities. We need people that are ready to make a difference, collaborating with teams to solve issues and make things happen.
Along with addressing the day-to-day needs of the organization, we are never complacent and believe in continuous improvements. We challenge ourselves to think strategically to ever improve our fulfillment times and streamline throughout the entire supply chain process.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are quickly increasing our adoption of cutting edge Cloud technologies, with an increasingly complex set of technical and commercial conditions to optimize. That’s where you come in.
Why you need Box
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a high performing team and join the journey to take it to the next level. Challenge is both developing and driving towards a strategic vision of world class supply chain processes and also ensuring the highest quality in the tactical execution of each individual capacity requests. You will interact daily cross functionally across all Technical Operations team and will high exposure both horizontal and vertically within Box.
Who you are
- Must have 7-10 year experience of technical work experience, strong preference for infrastructure and SaaS computing
- 4-5 years experiences within the Supply Chain and/or Data Center
- Being able to help automate and streamline Supply Chain Processes
- Comfortable working in Excel and JIRA
- Strong Project Management experience and skills
- Proven track record with continuous process improvements
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, able to effectively communicate with both peers and executives
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Ability to prioritize and manage upwards to over 100 open capacity requests
- Being able to balance responsibilities while helping others get unblocked
- Strong sense of ownership for the supply chain process and driving continuous improvements
- Drive customer satisfaction by being the subject matter expert and help guide customers as necessary
- Influencing without authority
Nice to have:
- Financial background in CAPEX, depreciation and/or CIP
- Experience with OpenStack, Kube, Cloudscope, Wavefront, GitHub, DCIM, Confluence
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.