The Senior Tax Manager will lead and build a world-class tax team to scale with the growth of the business. This role will oversee our global day-to-day tax operations including the review of tax provisions, monthly tax account reconciliations, tax audits, and liaising with our external providers for global tax compliance responsibilities. In addition, this role will provide tax planning and structuring support for various business partners which includes developing an international tax strategy and assisting with numerous ad hoc projects such as M&A. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organization and project management skills and the ability to work well with various business partners and functions. This is a great leadership opportunity to build a Tax Team and best-in-class processes!
- Lead global tax provision and ASC 740 accounting cycle, including footnotes, disclosures, permanent/temporary differences, discrete items, rate reconciliation, inventory of deferred assets/liabilities, taxes payable and deferred roll forwards/reconciliations, valuation allowances, tax rates, return-to-provision adjustments, and tax journal entries.
- Review monthly account reconciliations & related journal entries for sales/use and indirect tax liability accounts • Support state and local sales/use and indirect tax audits by researching and collecting data and working directly with auditors to complete audits.
- Ensure that all tax accounts/information is properly reflected in the financial statements, including income taxes payable, deferred assets/liabilities, provision for income taxes (current and deferred provision), tax adjustments in the statement of cash flows and stockholders' equity as well as coordination with the Company's auditors.
- Determine tax reserves (FIN 48 & FAS 5) and related disclosures with respect to U.S. operations, including monitoring the tax environment to ensure that the tax reserves are reasonable and lead any voluntary disclosures that may be required.
- Oversee Indirect tax strategy and compliance (sales tax, property tax, city and local tax, etc.).
- Partner with business stakeholders to support deal negotiations, develop positions on contractual terms regarding indirect tax or tax withholding and provide guidance on tax cost implications in business arrangements.
- Develop international and general tax strategies
- Manage the preparation of transfer pricing studies
- Manage income tax audits including the preparation of responses to inquiries from tax authorities
- Responsible for identifying and solving complex ad hoc tax issues
- Accountable for the performance and results of direct reports
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance from a top university
- Master's degree in Tax preferred
- CPA certification required
- 8+ years of experience in corporate tax, including Big 4 accounting firm experience
- 2+ years of people management
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and enjoy solving problems
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to build and develop strong teams
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated- able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Effective cross-functional management skills
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.