WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are looking for a forward-thinking Sr. Accountant who will oversee accounting related to our US payroll. This role will report directly to the Director, Payroll & Equity and will be responsible for the payroll journal entries, reconciliation, analysis and compliance associated with US Payroll. As a Sr. Accountant you play a critical role in ensuring our financial statements are accurate for all US payroll accounts.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Effective, accurate and timely recording to the G/L and other books of record of all related payroll accounting transactions. This includes maintenance of all related accruals such as accrued PTO, FSA, salaries, etc.
- Analyze the accuracy of final payroll in the G/L and related balance sheet accounts and report out monthly on the accuracy of the results and explain any large or unusual fluctuations.
- Track all expat benefits and assist with the year-end tax equalization process
- Main contact for all payroll accounting related matters for the auditors. Including accurate and timely preparation of explanations for all audit related requests.
- Manage relationships between internal and external partners in order to determine any accounting impact for all income and balance sheet accounts owned
- Analyze data related to Incurred But Not Reported (IBNR) self-insurance claims and calculate accruals
- Collaborate with the global People Organization (HR), Legal, Accounting, Finance and business units on general payroll accounting matters with cross functional impact. This specifically, but is not limited to, cash, various incentive programs, benefits, expatriate assignments, and insurance.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects, as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience in accounting
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA certification a strong plus
- Experience with payroll accounting for public companies larger than 1000 employees
- Strong Excel knowledge and experience with NetSuite and WorkDay is a plus
- Self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision and in timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP knowledge, regulations and other related requirements.
- Solid payroll accounting, reconciliation and accounting process knowledge including comfort with multi-state environments.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new flows and software technologies.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
- Collaborative approach – can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our