We are looking for a forward-thinking Senior Accountant who will oversee accounting related to our semi-monthly payroll. This role will be responsible for the payroll journal entries, reconciliation, analysis and compliance associated with US Payroll. The individual must be able to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and strict deadlines. This position will be critical in ensuring our financial statements are accurate for all US payroll accounts. If you have the motivation to oversee a business-critical process and the desire to grow quickly within the Box organization, this is the position for you!
- Effective, accurate and timely recording to the G/L and other books of record of all related payroll accounting transactions. This includes maintenance of all related accruals such as accrued PTO, FSA, salaries, etc.
- Analyze the accuracy of final payroll in the G/L and related balance sheet accounts and report out monthly on the accuracy of the results and explain any large or unusual fluctuations.
- Track all expat benefits and assist with the year-end tax equalization process
- Main contact for all payroll accounting related matters for the auditors. Including accurate and timely preparation of explanations for all audit related requests.
- Manage relationships between internal and external partners in order to determine any accounting impact for all income and balance sheet accounts owned
- Analyze data related to Incurred But Not Reported (IBNR) self-insurance claims and calculate accruals
- Collaborate with the global People Organization (HR), Legal, Accounting, Finance and business units on general payroll accounting matters with cross functional impact. This specifically, but is not limited to, cash, various incentive programs, benefits, expatriate assignments, and insurance.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects, as assigned.
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience in accounting
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification a strong plus
- Experience with payroll accounting for public companies larger than 1000 employees
- Experience with NetSuite and WorkDay is a plus
- Experience with recurring metrics tracking and analysis is a plus
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional multitasking abilities, upbeat demeanor, and ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to enforce to the highest ethical standards and unwavering integrity.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP knowledge, regulations and other related requirements.
- Solid payroll accounting, reconciliation and accounting process knowledge including comfort with multi-state environments.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new flows and software technologies.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
- Acute attention to detail and well-developed organization and time management skills.
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through.
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative approach – can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to work independently, but also knows how to have fun while doing it!
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.