Product Technology Specialist – Japan
The Product Technology Specialist is part of the Box Regional Product team, and works across Box and partners. The Technology Specialist is a high impact, high visibility role, responsible to ensure providing high quality Box services.
You will play a technical Product Management role to develop, enable and support Box Product for its entire life cycle. The product management includes the enablement and technical consultancy of Partners in development of Box Solution using Box core service and Platform service and driving selling of the Box service. The Product Technology Specialist also works closely with Channel sales, Box Business Development and Box Consulting teams to maximize opportunities by identifying, developing, designing, building, piecing together tools, and accelerating and scoping business.
We are looking for a technical candidate based regionally in Tokyo.
- Enable Resale and Eco-solution partners with Technical product training
- Provide technical consultancy to Partners for entire business process from Pre-Sales to Post Sales
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with Resale and Eco-Partners to ensure that all activities are closely aligned with the customers’ business case and business strategy
- Support Product launch in QA and Partner communication support.
- Support Eco-solution partners for the integration design, development and Trouble shooting after release.
- Support Product Escalation with Technical analysis and provisioning of technical solution
- Develop Partner supporting tools and manage adoption
- Work with HQ for Strategy product planning
- Ability to architect and design technical solutions including piecing together the right mix of Box configurations, other SaaS technologies, integration technologies, Box APIs and other partner tools to balance configuration and customization
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in both Japanese and English – including the ability to go a mile deep with technical partner resources or to explain the most basic capabilities to a Partner business resources.
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to present both business oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts
- Experience of developing SaaS Applications using REST API
- Past experience working directly with Product Management, Sales, SE, Consultants, ISVs and System Integrators
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of previous Product development, consulting, professional services, System engineering or Sales engineering experience
Other Key Skills:
- Passion for selling, learning, using evangelizing and explaining new technology
- A team player that will help mentor teammates who are looking to get to the next level
- Initiative to get things done, self-motivation and ability to deliver high quality work while at the same time meeting aggressive deadlines