Product Technology Specialist – Japan
The Product Technology Specialist is part of the Box Product team, and works across Box and with partners and customers to define and build out complex platform solutions. The Technology Specialist is a high impact, high visibility role, responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction while promoting Box technical and platform solutions.
You will play a critical role to support the customers and the partners in development of the Platform solution using Box API and Platform service and create ideal integration with Box driving the adoption of the Box product and platform. The Product Technology Specialist also works closely with sales, Box Business Development and Box Consulting teams to maximize opportunities by identifying, developing, designing, building, piecing together tools, and accelerating and scoping projects.
We are looking for a technical candidate based regionally in Tokyo.
- Ability to architect and design technical solutions including piecing together the right mix of Box configurations, other SaaS technologies, integration technologies, Box APIs and other partner tools to balance configuration and customization
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in both Japanese and English – including the ability to go a mile deep with technical customer resources or to explain the most basic capabilities to a business user
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to present both business oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts
- Experience of leading, designing and Developing Commercial Applications
- Ownership of the development and delivery of differentiated custom solutions
- Past experience working directly with Sales, Field Teams, Consultants, ISVs and System Integrators
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of previous development, consulting, professional services or System engineering experience
- Provide technical and functional expertise during meetings to Box SaaS or Platform customers, ISV and SI partners.
- Design and develop project scope documentation, statements of work, technical specifications, and business requirements related to customer engagements.
- Provide Technical advice regarding the use cases of Box Platform to archive the Business Objectives and Ideas.
- Collaborate to define functional and technical requirements, and translate them into functional designs, workflows, governance documentation, proposals, and project plans
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with targeted customers to ensure that all activities are closely aligned with the customers’ business case and business strategy
- Guide the customer, Development best practice, Notes and restrictions, development resources.
- Review the customer’s Application design from Box core functionality (Folder structures, access control etc.) and usage of API and SDKs point of view.
- Review the Application in Physical and Logical level and support performance and Security design.
- Handle Technical questions about Box API, SDK and Box Integrations from the customers and partners during Development and Test phase.
- Support checking of Box configuration and Application setting before Deployment.
- Support trouble shooting in Application launch and hand over to Operation team.
Other Key Skills:
- Programming in at least one of the following: Python / Java/ .net / Node.js
- Understanding of REST APIs and JSON
- Understanding of cloud architecture patterns
- Ability to distill complex technical solutions and industry solutions into their digestible parts
- Passion for selling, learning, using evangelizing and explaining new technology
- A team player that will help mentor teammates who are looking to get to the next level
- Experience working with and developing SaaS applications
- Initiative to get things done, self-motivation and ability to deliver high quality work while at the same time meeting aggressive deadlines
- Deep understanding of integration technologies