Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 41 million users and 95,000 businesses - including 70% of the Fortune 500 - trust Box to manage content in the cloud. The Product Support Team's mission is to enthusiastically understand, resolve and prevent the issues facing Box Admins, Users, Developers and Partners, enabling them to solve business problems and become Box advocates. That means the team works with the entire portfolio of Box End Users, Admins, and Developers by providing break/fix support and general usage guidance.
Product Support Manager's are empowered to oversees the operations of a "Pod" (comprised of two, Product-area focused teams) and individual team member performance, ensuring that the best tools, processes, and timely feedback results in an exceptional customer and employee experience. They are also a point of internal and customer escalation.
Why the team needs you
As our customer base grows and rapid changes are made to our existing and future product offerings, we need a Product Support Manager to support our continued effort to deliver customer delight and agent success. Responsibilities include:
- Establish and achieve Swarm/Pod/Agent goals and metrics (TTR, CSAT, etc.), including the creation of reporting dashboards and alerts.
- Own team member results and insight as part of weekly/monthly/quarterly metrics reviews.
- Provide the Voice of Customer to respective Prod/Eng (Build) orgs by delivering data that assists in decision making/prioritization, escalate the needs from our customer/agents, and enable teams/team members to become part of this process.
- Ensure team member growth within Swarms/between roles
- Timesheet approval for hourly employees
- Provide cross-Swarm/Pod training and mentorship.
- Execute employee 1:1's and Performance Management/Evaluation.
- Build and maintain links with corresponding Product Managers and Engineering teams and serve as a related point of escalation/contact/engagement for these teams for proposed changes, general questions, and Crisis events.
- Support customer escalations from Team Lead (and overflow needs).
- Alongside Team Lead, review open cases to identify and address potential escalations.
- Identify and escalate staffing/team needs that directly impact the ability to meet business objectives.
- Work with Swarms to develop action plans to resolve and close long-open cases
- Work closely with, grow and mentor a Team Lead.
Why you need Box
Box is growing fast - really fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize how they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the foremost company that transforms how people and enterprises collaborate - but that doesn't happen automagically. Changing the way people work takes time, effort, and planning. Our success depends on our customers' and team member success and both technical and non-technical complications can unintentionally derail this path. That's where you come in.
Who you are
- You enjoy team interaction and solving tough issues.
- You are smart and resourceful, are able to work independently, and also collaboratively with others in a similar role and recognize when there is an opportunity to include team members for learning/growth opportunities.
- You are able to communicate personnel and metric data to executives and can both understand and convey in a concise/data-supported manner the technical concerns the team has around the Box products and its integrations.
- You have experience with coaching, training, and assessing team member performance, ensuring that employees feel supported, are given room to grow, and provided with timely and accurate feedback.
- You feel confident and comfortable with all aspects of employee performance management.
- Customer support or a client-facing role is not new to you. You have a couple years of experience with troubleshooting issues or identifying/providing answers for a customer in a fast-paced environment.
- You're a team player that collaborates well across all support tiers/offerings and colleagues of varying experience.
- You can 'manage up' and are not afraid to raise concerns (supported by data and other primary source evidence) when additional support or escalation is required from a senior leader.
- You're a proven mentor for other team members on areas that include obtaining and analyzing additional information from customers to support first-level resolution.
- You can create valuable relationships with the customers via clear, concise and professional communications.
- You can employ both empathy and ownership in customer and team member interactions.
- You are able to improvise, think creatively, and find solutions/workarounds to tricky problems, especially in cases when the product may not align with customer expectations.
- You exemplify best-in-class approaches to identify, develop and deliver training/mentorship to benefit all areas of Product Support and Customer Success.
Here's the Fine Print
- 4-year degree or an equivalent history of related experience required.
- 4-5 years work experience with a customer-facing team preferred.
- Illustrated people management skills with the ability to coach, mentor and develop team members of all backgrounds and experience levels - track record of having successfully led or managed teams to achieve desired outcomes and business objectives is preferred.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong end-user empathy and a customer focus.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fluid and dynamic work environment.
- Experience with JIRA, Zendesk or other bug tracking tools.
- Experience building reports from multiple data sources.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.