The Infrastructure Services team builds and runs software and services that are used to automated all aspects of Box's Infrastructure and can be leveraged by the entire Engineering org.
Keeping up with rapid customer growth is an ongoing challenge. In the Infrastructure Services team, our job is to build intelligent and sustainable software to do just that. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to conceive, define, develop, deploy and operate solutions which help Box manage its infrastructure.
Why the team needs you
Our team is growing, and we are looking for a Senior SRE with a passion for automation. You will spend your time working on internal systems which are used to automate host provisioning, track hosts/services and their metadata, and perform automated operations in order to scale Box's infrastructure. To be successful you will conceive, define, develop, deploy and operate internal web apps, API’s, frameworks and tools which streamline our workflows and automate all aspects of our infrastructure. You will provide top tier support for our services and keep them highly available. You will drive technology decisions and ensure that we have a strong foundation to build on. You will improve our CI/CD processes to make software development and deployment as streamlined and simple as possible.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Really fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is uniquely positioned to change the world by helping enterprises transform how people work together. Box needs you to help build and support our cloud platform!
Why you need Box
You are going to have the unique opportunity to architect, build and design our infrastructure tooling. As you drive and scale our infrastructure you will work with cutting-edge technologies. You will have visibility across all of Engineering and have impact across the org.
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- Operate and maintain internal services that support our internal platforms (RabbitMQ, Redis, Django/Gunicorn/Nginx webapps, etc)
- Lead the team in designing and developing frameworks and API's that enable functionality for the entire Engineering organization
- Drive technology decisions for Box's infrastructure tooling technology stack
- Identify problems, develop, deploy and maintain solutions which automate all aspects of Box’s Infrastructure
- Evangelize good code and solid engineering practices
- 5+ Years of experience in an Operations/SRE role.
- 3+ years of experience working with Python
- Strong troubleshooting skills to keep our services highly available
- Strong scripting/shell skills (sed/awk/tmux etc)
- Strong coding skills with a passion for writing clean, well tested and maintainable code
- Strong experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible)
- Relevant experience with Docker
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins
- Passion for learning and adopting new technologies with a focus on finding the right tool for the job
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers
- Exposure to container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes
- Experience using Celery for asynchronous task queues (with Redis/RabbitMQ/etc)
- Experience with SmartStack
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit .