Box is growing fast - real fast - and we’re just getting started. Our opportunity is meaningful: 500 million knowledge workers worldwide, struggling to manage, share and secure information trapped in $45 billion of legacy, disconnected systems. Box’s mission is to power how the world works together. Over the past 10+ years, we have completely redefined the way people work together, becoming the market leader in cloud content management. What will the next 10 years look like? Join us and help build it.
Are you excited by the prospect of using analytics to drive business growth and customer retention? Do you possess exceptional business smarts, and are passionate about Big Data? Do you want to work in a challenging but fun environment, in an entrepreneurial but well-resourced and supportive environment? We are looking for a super smart and passionate individual to join our Business Analytics team. In this role, you will own the relationship with senior leaders across Customer Success and Renewals, driving analytical insight into business recommendations and actions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will use analytics to drive business decisions, with the goal of strengthening customer retention, improving product adoption, and increasing renewal rates.
- You will test your recommendations in a hypothesis-driven, data-tested manner. This includes 1) performing analytical deep-dives to identify problems, opportunities and actions required; 2) leveraging large amounts of disparate data sources by using SQL or other scripting and statistical tools, and 3) designing and managing test/pilot programs.
- You will report against your initiatives by identifying key metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track business progress and assess core initiatives.
- You will serve as the thought partner for senior executives to translate insights into actions and business priorities.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You're a "business thought partner" and enjoy is finding ways to improve the business. It just so happens that you use data analytics as the tool to prove that your suggestions are the right ones.
- Your analytics skills are strong, including 2+ years of experience in an analytics role.
- You have significant experience with SQL or experience in a major software engineering language (Python, C++, Java) or statistical packages (Alteryx, Matlab, SAS, R).
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, Looker, Domo, etc.) would be helpful.
- Experience with applied machine learning, data science, and/or statistics a plus.
- Your business judgment is strong.
- Experience working with Sales or Customer Success, and you've got the ability to take ambiguous business problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way.
- You've proven yourself as a trusted business partner. You've got exceptional business and communication skills. Strategy consulting experience or other client-facing professional services experience is a strong plus.
- You've got a strong education. You have a Bachelor's in an analytical field (statistics, computer science, MIS, economics, etc.). Master's degree a plus.
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.