About Us: Box is a secure content management and collaboration platform designed for digital-age processes and work styles. Since 2005, we’ve helped teams and organizations across industries easily share, manage, and collaborate on their most important information from anywhere, on any device. Today, over 39 million people and 70,000 organizations – including over 59% of the Fortune 500 – trust Box with their content.
Why work for our organization: Box IT provides technology services and support, enabling efficiency, simplicity and productivity for internal business partners and external customers. The Box IT organization provides two distinct, yet compatible functions. The first is enabling productivity and supporting all employees, and the second is supporting the company in its growth as the global leader in the content management and collaboration space by developing and showcasing Box products and technology. Working in tandem, these two functionalities reduce IT cost and complexity, both within Box and for its customers.
Why work with our team: Box IT End User Services' primary role is to provide technical services and support to all employees world-wide. We provide major services such as: desktop and audio video support, new hire on-boarding, advanced application configuration and event support. Our vision is to deliver end user solutions, capabilities and experiences that bring out the ultimate potential of every employee. Our team values: Be passionate to deliver great service, pursue growth and development, and build a positive team spirit.
About the role: The Senior IT Support Engineer will join a global team comprised of the most talented IT professionals in the industry. As a Senior IT Support Engineer, you will manage and resolve an array of mobile, desktop, audio/video, network, and telecommunications issues, ensuring that our employees remain as productive as possible. You must be agile enough to adapt to the rapid growth and change of our business, but also disciplined enough to deal with complex challenges, processes, and people. Your role will involve coaching and mentoring your peers, leading cross-functional projects, and driving end-user technology decisions that will impact Boxers around the world.
- Troubleshooting and support for all IT end user issues: mobile, desktop, audio/video, peripherals, etc.
- Procurement, asset and inventory management for all IT hardware and software
- Cross-departmental collaboration with teams like Facilities, Sales, and Engineering
- Managing IT communication between headquarters and remote office
- Perform system imaging, application configurations, and security policy enforcements
· High energy and passion for your work and achievements
· Excel at everything you put your heart and mind to
· Willingness to go above and beyond
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent teamwork skills
· Working knowledge of Windows and OSX operating systems
· Working knowledge of PC and Apple hardware
· +6 years of working experience in an IT Support role
Desired Skills / Knowledge / Experience
· Technical certification in desktop operating systems (Mac certification a plus)
· Comprehensive understanding of networking (Network certification a plus)
· Working knowledge with voice and video conferencing solutions (Google, RingCentral a plus)
· Experience leading large, complex enterprise initiatives on a global scale (PMP certification a plus)
· B.S. in Computer Science or related field
· Demonstrate that you continue to keep your knowledge and skills up to date (desired)