Box is continuing its investments in security. As a Detection and Response Engineer you will be focused on creating threat detection and responding to threats that target a worldwide infrastructure comprised of multiple major public cloud providers and our own private cloud environments. This is a great role for seasoned data scientists or incident responders or for DevOps engineers, system admins or software developers looking for their next challenging in the security field. Security@Scale is not your typical security role!
Why the team needs you?
Box is scaling at a rapid pace. With innovation and speed come interesting security challenges. Our customers demand world-class security. We need your creativity and technical expertise to help us tackle these challenges.
Why Box needs you?
Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company positioned to help enterprises transform how people work together. Come help us continue to develop a forward-leaning security posture and an incredible team dedicated to detecting and responding to threats, keeping both Box and our customers safe.
Why you need Box?
Box presents a unique opportunity to be a part of building our global security team at massive scale. We have built a world-class group with some amazing talent and this is a unique opportunity to grow with us. We have the data, we have the corporate support and we're looking to grow. All we need is you!
- Maturing detection in our production environment comprised of our private cloud and major public cloud providers.
- Creating, testing and deploying detection analytics at scale.
- Working with infrastructure security groups to build and implement new security features and providers.
- Respond to security events and incidents involving our production environment.
- Ensure logging health, identifying and remediating coverage gaps.
- Working with our threat intelligence and vulnerability management groups to validate and remediate infrastructure vulnerabilities.
- Building a production detection roadmap.
- Working with engineering and product teams to help define security requirements and architectures.
General Role Expectations - if you're hitting several bullets, please apply:
- Proven track record as an individual contributor or tech lead.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, engineering or IT related field or equivalent and 5+ years related experience (bonus points for Master's in a technical field).
- Industry Recognized Security Certifications like CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GREM.
- A pulse on the tools, tactics and procedures the bad guys are using today and what they'll be using tomorrow.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge in a few of the following roles and technologies (these are a few of the potential things you'll be working on):
- Security Visualization and defining Security Metrics
- Public Cloud Security (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc).
- Incident Response and incident investigation experience.
- On-premise IaaS Security (Kubernetes, OpenStack, VMware, hyper-V, etc).
- Network IDS/IPS (Bro, Surricata, snort).
- Host-level Security using technologies like auditd, osquery, Linux system logs, Windows event logs, etc.
- Container Security (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Web Application Security (OWASP Top 10)
- Machine Learning techniques applied to production datasets.
- Signature and alert creation using a SEIM or Log Aggregation tool such as Splunk or Elastic.
- Scripting - We like Python but other languages like Golang are cool too.
- Query languages - Splunk SPL, Lucene, SQL, Elk DSL.
- Formal security models like MITRE ATT&CK or CIS Critical Security Controls.
- Prior Open Source contributions.