Hello! I’m the hiring manager for this role. Before I get into the usual job information, I want to share two reasons I’m proud to work here.
- A single individual can make a big difference. From taking an idea from inception in a Hackathon to a multi-quarter project spanning multiple teams, to piloting a Diversity and Inclusion effort on the team and rolling it across all of Engineering. Countless initiatives with impacts across the entire organization have been thought up, debated, and implemented without red tape.
- Even having been through similar sessions at past companies, I found the inclusivity training at Box to be uncommonly poignant and actionable. The people here are genuine in their efforts to welcome everyone and are supported by leadership. And when one of us fails--even accidentally, we call out the marginalizing behavior even if it's uncomfortable to do so.
Okay, here’s the rest:
Box powers how the world works together.
Box is much more than cloud file storage. We’re building features that enable companies to drive complex workflows from within Box, but that all begins with getting the basic building blocks right. We have an opening on a team that's building vital capabilities for the next generation of Box’s product lines: Tasks and Notifications.
The team is responsible for: Tasks, cross-platform push notifications, integration with user-created workflows (think Zapier or IFTTT, but within Box), and more.
We’re already the undisputed leader in enterprise file sync and share, so companies store their files and collaborate using Box. This team is part of an evolution towards moving business processes related to those files inside of Box. It’s all part of our mission to help companies get work done.
As an Engineering Manager on this team, you will...
- As a technical and inspiring leader, you will work across organizational and team boundaries in order to drive decisions that align with our future architecture, product, and business goals.
- Be part of the creative process. Story mapping, design review, meeting with customers and sales, and more
- You will lead significant technology initiatives from inception to successful deployment, across multiple layers of architecture
- Collaboration is at the core of our strategy, and we'll look to you to drive effective execution, delivering key business impact, while investing in the growth of your team through mentorship, coaching, and sponsorship
What are the job requirements?
- Several years of experience as a software engineering manager, ideally leading teams owning high-scale production services
- Several years experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience driving effective execution with agile processes in a highly dynamic environment
- Act like an owner with a strong focus on impact
- Able to model and cultivate a collaborative inclusive culture
- Strong communicator, able to build a compelling vision for their team
- Leading cross-functional projects
- Managing multiple teams or managing through managers
- Building large scale distributed data services
- Building content management systems
Learn more about Box Engineering here
- Immerse yourself in the Box Platform: Create a developer account at
- Box Engineers share on
- Get under the hood, comment on your favorite architecture deep-dive at
- Grab a free account and make your content more valuable: Hit us up at
And please do take a look at some of the ways .