At Box, we are helping individuals and businesses revolutionize how they get work done, giving them better ways to access, share, and manage business information. Our global Finance & Operations teams (including Finance, Business Analytics, People, Legal, Security & Compliance, IT, and Workplace Services) play a variety of critical roles in this - from ensuring that we continue to hire great talent, to making sure our systems are prepared to bring new products to market, to communicating our story to analysts and investors. As Chief of Staff (reporting to our Sr. Director, Corporate Finance & Strategy), you'll play a critical role in ensuring the organization runs efficiently and effectively to reach our goals. You may also be responsible for driving cross-functional teams within the Finance & Operations org to solve some of our most complex problems or design new business processes to enable the org to execute as it scales globally.
This role is a great opportunity for a creative thinker, looking for an inside and cross-functional perspective of how supporting functions serve critical roles within a growth-focused, innovative technology company. You will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment where collaborating across various teams is expected. The role requires a passion for solving ambiguous problems, optimizing processes, and scaling businesses using analytical and general management skills. You must be inclined to think disruptively and not be afraid to question the status quo. Above all, we're looking for someone who's creative and has a can-do attitude, a lot of grit, and a sense of fun.
- Build and refine the Finance & Operations org operating system including operating cadences, alignment with corporate reporting & accountability frameworks, communication & cascading frameworks, and planning processes
- Facilitate and drive weekly Finance & Operations leadership meetings, strategy and planning off-sites, and regular all-hands
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer and Finance & Operations leadership team to identify and prioritize areas of impact and leverage across the org
- Lead and/or project manage key initiatives and strategic projects across the org
- Partner with other org Chiefs of Staff to identify and address areas for improvement in company-wide operating cadences and frameworks
- 4 year degree required
- 3-5 years experience required; program management experience or experience in cross-functional Finance, Accounting, Analytics, IT, Legal, or People roles is preferred
- Highly-proactive, extremely organized, self-starter capable of effectively managing several projects
- Strong communication skills and technical aptitude
- High EQ with an ability to work with many different personality types and positively influence others
- Grit and tenacity to get things done in ambiguous situations!
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.